Bananian

Strange boot problems

4 2326
herbert  
Hi All !

I´ve got some problems to boot my BPI headless / without display.

My BPI is powered by a 5V 3A power supply using the micro usb power plug. Furthermore I have connected a 2.5" SSD with the original BPI SATA cable that provides the SSD with power from the BPI. It´s running Bananian 14.11 starting from SD card, the SSD is for data storage only and will be mounted during boot.

Everything works fine when display and keyboard are connected, I can reboot or start my BPI without any problems.

But as soon as I disconnect display and keyboard the BPI does not boot any more. After connecting the power supply the red and green lights show up for about 4 seconds, then they disapear and nothing happens any more. Only if I disconnect the external SSD for the first few seconds my BPI boots headless.

Thanks for any suggestions.
I would try to connect a serial terminal on J11 to see if any additional messages raise.

herbert  
destroyedlolo replied at Mon Dec 1, 2014 16:15
I would try to connect a serial terminal on J11 to see if any additional messages raise.

Sorry for the delay, I had to buy some hardware first.

There are no error messages coming up in the serial terminal.

The execution stops after these lines:
<6>usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002
<6>usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
<6>usb usb1: Product: sw_hcd host driver
<6>usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 3.4.104+ sw_hcd-hcd
<6>usb usb1: SerialNumber: sw_hcd_host0
<6>hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
<6>hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected

There will be a minor version update fixing this issue: https://dev.bananian.org/roadmap_page.php?version_id=9

It will be released later today or tomorrow.

herbert  
Bananian replied at Wed Dec 3, 2014 23:14
There will be a minor version update fixing this issue: https://dev.bananian.org/roadmap_page.php?ve ...

Bananian 14.11.02 works for me. Many thanks.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules