Discussion

Premoboard

7 2720
igorpec  
Premoboard is a expansion board to expand your networking/embedded experience. It can be controlled by any system via the USB port: it is an expansion board designed for (but not limited to) Cubieboard (A10 or A20).

Help raising a money for first batch.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/premoboard/
tkaiser  
Nice idea! Do you have any specs (which NICs, which USB hub, which Wi-Fi chipsets)? I was not able to find anything and the performance figures they publish are somewhat problematic in one way or another (either wrong test methods or poor performance).

For a new project we would need more USB ports so this might be a nice alternative with different spacers and a custom USB interconnect (or the BPi-M2 instead... that lacks SATA due to a newer SoC)

igorpec  
http://www.premoboard.net/site/index.php/it/perfomances
2 x RT5370

I can ask for the rest.

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at Wed Dec 3, 2014 07:29
igorpec replied at Wed Dec 3, 2014 06:45
2 x RT5370

I can ask for the rest.

Ok, not interested any more (would need at least RT3572 or RT5572 for 802.11n @ 5GHz). And would be better they would publish some specs and benchmark results based on serious testing

igorpec  
It's not an high-end device

Anyway ...

Do you have any USB (cheap) chip set to recommend that works well @ 5Ghz in AP mode?

Any experiences with Realtek 8812AU ?

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at Thu Dec 4, 2014 02:47
igorpec replied at Thu Dec 4, 2014 01:54
Do you have any USB (cheap) chip set to recommend that works well @ 5Ghz in AP mode?

Unfortunately not and if I would like to setup an AP then I would go with dedicated hardware like TL-WDR4300/OpenWRT (we're building some sort of an appliance using this, a Banana Pi, 2.5" HDD and possibly a VOLTEK SPEC7188B -- 12V/0.6A might be enough for short range Wi-Fi and 2.4Ghz disabled without USB stuff connected to the AP)

The need for 5 GHz is more general and due to 2.4Ghz being 'overcrowded' here in our area. And I try to avoid Realcrap where possible when alternatives are available

Look good. This can expand Banana Pi to a router?

igorpec  
tony_zhang replied at Fri Dec 5, 2014 08:21
Look good. This can expand Banana Pi to a router?

Yes. That's one of the main purposes I guess.

According to the specifications and performance tests it should be enough for home / small office.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules