Building LeMaker Android 4.2 from Source

129 42066
lenny  
Edited by lenny at Thu Jan 15, 2015 09:14
ChrisP replied at Thu Jan 15, 2015 08:20
did you run the install.sh to install all the prereq ? What linux are you using to compile ?

hey.
I am using gentoo linux.
I checked the packages from the install script by hand
and installed all of the gentoo equivalents.
reason could be version mismatches but i cannot seem to get any more verbosity out of the pack script for further debugging...

liab  
@ChrisP

You can download my android folder from my dropbox. If you are ready please write here and I shall upload the lichee.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbob3agieo8kwck/android.tar.gz?dl=0

liab  
The best Linux for cross compile all projects I know like tuxbox, duckbox, bpi and so on is kubuntu 12.04. I normally use 32 bit, only to build android 62 bit version is necessary. I don't like vm's, better is a real system. But attention with SSD's, on last monday my good Samsung 840, 250 GB  suddenly was empty only the swap partition was present.

ChrisP  
Edited by ChrisP at Fri Jan 16, 2015 00:04
liab replied at Thu Jan 15, 2015 20:16
@ChrisP

You can download my android folder from my dropbox. If you are ready please write here and  ...

Hi liab, just got it.

Many many thanks, will make a git from these sources ! By the way, do you have a git account so that I can add you to the repo ?

You can upload the lichee now

liab  
Edited by liab at Thu Jan 15, 2015 18:09
ChrisP replied at Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:52
Hi liab, just got it.

Many many thanks, will make a git from these sources ! By the way, do you h ...

Hi ChrisP,

lichee is up.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzfydj ... .tar.gz.tar.gz?dl=0

I made some scripts (build-android.sh) more comfortable. In the folder user are some apps and files. Before packing the mkuserimg.sh starts the user.sh and load them.

In the ANDROID/android/device/softwinner/common/hardware/audio is my audio_hw.c with AUDIO_CODEC as default but the original is there too (audio_hw.c-org).

I have had a old git account, but first I must look for it whether it's working.

Edit:
In lichee/linux-3.4/drivers/net/wireless
you can please delete 2rtl8192eu and rtl8192eu-geht, was only for testing.

ChrisP  
Edited by ChrisP at Fri Jan 16, 2015 01:20

Excellent !!

I will add it to the remote repo and give the link once all is over.

During this time, I think I finally successfully figured out how to put my local copy of matrix repo in the latest clean state. I will try to upload it to a remote Git repo keeping the commit state, but I think I will go again into timeout, so probably will just upload it by segment to have the last clean state.  Then I will be able to clean up some local vm and gain some space

Regarding the AUDIO_CODEC, I advocate to find another way like twzeaking the SettingProvider.apk so that the common code could remain stateless for most use cases.

ChrisP  
lenny replied at Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:12
hey.
I am using gentoo linux.
I checked the packages from the install script by hand

That may be the issue, the build was tested and validated only ubuntu 64 bits, with recommanded version based on 12.04 lts version, afaik.

ChrisP  
ok liab, I just uploaded your version here:

https://github.com/ChrisP-Android/BananaPi-Android-liab

Could you please tell me if it's ok like this ? (I can't test it, I'm from the other side of the world from my bananapi ;) )

liab  
Hi ChrisP,
perfect it works, many thanks. Now I can         becalmed go to sleep.

ChrisP  
Great ! Thanks for sharing your sources !

And I really like the idea of the user folder to seamlessly configure personnal tweakings !

Probably a good way to put personnalized settingprovider.apk !

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules