Building LeMaker Android 4.2 from Source

129 31110
ChrisP  
No I meant that if I start from an image configured for 720p (with screen0_output_mode     = 5 in sys-config.fex), and then if I try to configure 1080p in android settings, once booted, the result is a corrupted screen with a good content for the area corresponding to 1280 * 720, the area right to this zone is a dupliacte of the same area, and the below area is filled as blank zone with random black pixels.

If I try to boot an image configured with screen0_output_mode     = 10 in sys-config.fex, I simply cannot load it.

In image generated from SDK 2, I didn't encounter that issue.

liab  
Benchmark is good but to practice is better. The matthuisman/android is the best and the only image which allows to stream with a enigma2 box
full hd channels (ServusTvHD).

Résumé: matthuisman/android is by a long way the best!
matthuisman/lemaker_android is slow, one CPU not always working. I don't know whether it is the powermangement, but in all my pc's mpstat -P ALL shows always all CPU's. 1024x will not work. Only good, the RS232 log, repeat commands are possible!

ChrisP  
The cpu going from 1 CPU to 2 CPU and vice-versa is done by the cpu_governor (check the overclocking thread in this forum). But what I don't get it is that in both case, build from SDK2 or build from Lemaker SDK, it's Fantasys governor that is used.

I'm working on another branch (https://github.com/matthuisman/lemaker_android/tree/KodiBox) and pushed the dram_clock to 480 MHz. Could you giv it a try to check if your performance issues remains ?

ChrisP  
So in the todo-list to get at the same level it was on android, I see these items remaining:

• proper gmac implementation
  • Proper libinput with combo keyboard/mous support, + proper 3 button support for mous
  • identify and fix 1080p regression

I don't get why I can't fix the keyboard issue

ChrisP replied at Sat Dec 6, 2014 17:12
No I meant that if I start from an image configured for 720p (with screen0_output_mode     = 5 in sy ...

I have apply the patch to the android SDK before I release the code.
The patch is necessary to make lcd work normal, I do not if it has bad impact on HDMI 1080P.
You can delete the comment to make it back.
The patch I used for lcd is below:
systemserver_banana_lcd.rar (530 Bytes, Downloads: 47)

ChrisP replied at Sat Dec 6, 2014 18:46
So in the todo-list to get at the same level it was on android, I see these items remaining:

The GMAC should be work well on the SDK I release. not work???

ChrisP  
Hi Tony, thanks for the patch, will try to revert it and to check.

For GMAC support, it 's not completly broken, it works for me as is.

But the way Mattrix modified it allowed Android to displey the MAC address, which is not the case right now, and apparently liab have some problem with it. Which is not quite easy to understand why, maybe a different kind of switch or specific Network side effect ?

ChrisP  
Ok, I tried to revert the diff, but the result is the same. The issue must be somewhere else

mattrix  
FYI

I won't be working on the source etc.
Just uploaded it for you guys

Chris, I think I can transfer the whole GIT repo to you?

mattrix replied at Sun Dec 7, 2014 14:30
FYI

I won't be working on the source etc.

Chirs can folk the repo to him. Or I folk it on to LeMaker github???

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules