Discussion

BPI-M2 - Quade core - 4x USB - Wifi

35 16345
mikronauts replied at Sat Dec 13, 2014 13:43
You will

I have several Banana Pi projects waiting for time to do them, and you will see a Ban ...

What kind of the dimension drawings?

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at Sun Dec 14, 2014 05:10
mikronauts replied at Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:23
For performance, I used to use Intel/AMD chips ...

That differentiation isn't valid any longer these days with x86 based tinkerer boards like the MinnowBoard (MAX) (mine arrived a week ago but I didn't had the time to play with), the tiny Edison modules or Quark/Galileo.

Every quad core Cortex-A-15 board will outperform the MinnowBoard MAX easily. But on the other hand you can run software on those small x86 boxes that aren't available on ARM. One of the software vendors we work with installed their server suite onto an Edison (we use the software normally on x86 or Sparc/Oracle iron using 32+ CPU cores and serving hundreds of users. Funny that the very same software can run on a device the size of a SD-card)

tony_zhang replied at Sun Dec 14, 2014 03:58
What kind of the dimension drawings?

exact pcb drawing showing

- all positions below relative to PCB corner
- exact mounting hole position, diameter
- exact GPIO connector placement
- position of any extra I/O headers
- exact placement of camera and lcd connectors in case I decide to make cutouts

I could measure everything off a Banana Pi, but that could lead to minor errors, which I would prefer to avoid, plus I need to make sure about the above for the Pro

tkaiser replied at Sun Dec 14, 2014 05:10
That differentiation isn't valid any longer these days with x86 based tinkerer boards like the Min ...

I am not impressed with Quark, Quark2, Edison etc. from a performance point of view.

The minimum I've used for a relatively low power server has been 1.6  1.9 GHz dual core Atoms, and my power hog main server is a 3.8GHz eight core AMD with 16Gb - these systems badly outperform dual core arms.

I am looking forward to evaluating many boards this year

tkaiser  
lionwang replied at Mon Mar 30, 2015 04:41
www.bananapi.com  have support M2 linux version with linux kernel :4.0 rc2 and newest uboot version. ...

Anyone interested in using a A31/A31s based board like the BPi-M2 with linux should carefully monitor the progress made: http://linux-sunxi.org/Linux_mainlining_effort#Planned_for_4.0

I only don't like of the pin DC connector. =(
I don't understand why it was not built in a more common format.

The connector has a wide blade and a small opening.

I have twenty different sources at home and none of them served. I had to buy the pin and solder in one of these sources.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules