Interfacing

Solder leads to board for 5V input intead of USB

7 2212
What is he best place to attach Vin for the Bananapi? The schmatic shows ACin and then on to R37, ACin is very difficult to attach anything to.. Its almost the same as soldering to the trace on the micro usb port. I'm thinking of trying R37, anybody else able to power externally from a battery not using the usb connector?
bananapi_5vin.JPG

Here is where I ended up attaching the wires. I hope it lasts a little while.

And why not using the Sata power connector as said in this tread or as I explained on my blog (bottom of the page) ?

When testing, the sata power does not have voltage until the pi is started up. When I measured the sata power as an input it is 0 until about a second into booting. Which would make it really hard to use, I also tried it several times and no voltage is supplied to the pi. The red light blinks twice and turns off.

Joost  
Did somebody try something similar with the bPI-r1?

Edited by destroyedlolo at Tue Dec 16, 2014 01:12
remote.syst3m replied at Sun Dec 7, 2014 21:12
When testing, the sata power does not have voltage until the pi is started up. When I measured the s ...

I'm a bit surprise with that, because as per bPI schematic (confirmed by sylwek2k), there is only a coil b/w the Sata power connector and the main ACin.
My 2nd PI is powered like that (as shown on my side), and it's working like a charm and there is no problem with a soft power off.

It does work, this way. This particular banana pi wouldn't work like that but all the other ones work fine that way.

hodoors  
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules