XMBC

Lubuntu v3.0 and XBMC - compiling issues

41 28127
xefil  
Here is a ready to burn xbmc 12.02 rc2 image made by Allnet, based on lubuntu3 but reduced to fit a  ...
n0wl Posted at 2014-7-29 08:34

[tr][/tr]
Do you mean it has NOT hardware acceleration? Then I think is more or less useless (from my point of view). ;)
Simon

n0wl  
it has the default hardware acceleration like described here http://linux-sunxi.org/XBMC  but mp4 movies are not playing well. There is a beta image using an external player (mplayer) configured into xbmc only for mp4 with sunxi-vdpau enabled but not released yet. The sunxi-vdpau should be enabled in xbmc source code so that one can compile xbmc with  --enable-vdpau for MALI400 MP hardware acceleration.

xefil  
this sounds good!11

i have created onetoo but it is unsable. will share soon so maybe someone can improove it

Tonband  
Here is a ready to burn xbmc 12.02 rc2 image made by Allnet, based on lubuntu3 but reduced to fit a  ...
n0wl Posted at 2014-7-29 08:34

And what is the root password for lubuntu3? lubuntu - password
ubuntu - password

didn't work, and that was the only think, i could find via google

Tonband  
it has the default hardware acceleration like described here   but mp4 movies are not playing well.  ...
n0wl Posted at 2014-7-29 09:08

can you explain a bit more, how to set the compiler flag and where?

A bunch of new commits landed in the past few weeks:

https://github.com/linux-sunxi/libvdpau-sunxi/commits/master

Might be worth to see if they improve stuff a bit!

xefil  
Good to know!
I'll check the mods, thanks Laurens for the info.

Storm  
xefil runs your xbmc an auto update task for new releases ??

Hi,

i'm trying to compile XBMC with Lubuntu by my self. On the End of compiling i get this Error:

LD      xbmc.bin
xbmc/utils/utils.a: member xbmc/utils/utils.a(XBMCTinyXML.o) in archive is not an object
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1

Can anybody help me? What does this error mean? Mr. Google don't know ;(

ph87  
jogi36de replied at Fri Jan 2, 2015 12:02
Hi,

i'm trying to compile XBMC with Lubuntu by my self. On the End of compiling i get this Error:

Have you created the Swap file? I got the same error when I forgot to create it... after creating it it worked...!
  1. root@mele:~/# dd if=/dev/zero of=/swap bs=1M count=384
  2. root@mele:~/# mkswap -c /swap
  3. root@mele:~/# swapon /swap
Copy the Code

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules