performance andoid?! for buying advise

8 1601
hi. going to get my first soc. so the question is: banana pi oder raspberry. i think i would like to have android as car pc.
read in a review somewhere that the performance of the android image isn't that good, so very laggy. was this an early impression?
how is the performance of android together with banana pi?
are you guys happy with it?
An interesting project for cars, although not built on android it could be done as well with XMBC for Android:
http://forum.lemaker.org/forum.p ... 07&fromuid=1602

actkk2000 replied at Wed Dec 10, 2014 15:54
An interesting project for cars, although not built on android it could be done as well with XMBC fo ...

looks interesting. so maybe i should go for the banana pi.

Android performs very well on Banana pi. XBMC needs some help on HW accelleration on the Android 4.2 image. Should be better on 4.4 when it comes out in a better version. But there are a lot of great 4.2 images in this forum with XBMC/Kodi working good.

On Raspberry it is almost impossible to run Android. However Community for Raspberry is a 1000 fold larger. With Banana Pi you can sometimes be a bit on your own. But I like the HW compared to Raspberry. I have 4 Raspberrys and 1 Banana Pi.

Wieczor  
I use my banana pi as HTPC with android matrix image atm. Kodi doesn't work great on 720p abd 1080p but MX player works fantastick due to hw accelerations. To be honest banana pi have it ups and downs but for the low cos you get good product to play with. I never had raspbery pi so hard to compare. I think for car pc it would work smoother than for my purpose.

ordered mine this morning. curious to test it. android would be awesome. could have surf forecast displayed an stuff like this in my motorhome.

ChrisP  
Wieczor replied at Thu Dec 11, 2014 13:05
I use my banana pi as HTPC with android matrix image atm. Kodi doesn't work great on 720p abd 1080p  ...

Just curious, which version of Kodi are you using ?

I don't have it running consistently yet, but I had some very good rendering, even when playing high rate videos ...

Wieczor  
ChrisP replied at Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:36
Just curious, which version of Kodi are you using ?

I don't have it running consistently yet, bu ...

Kodi RC1 it is same with all images matrix and yours.  

hodoors  
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules