Discussion

Switch off the leds ?

66 61999
Edited by destroyedlolo at Sun Mar 1, 2015 11:56
destroyedlolo replied at Fri Jan 9, 2015 01:18
Just a comment : initially, I've planned to put this progy and other open source projects related to the Banana on sourceforge. But they removed my project w/o notice and don't reply to my requests for explanation. Shame on them : I'm thinking to move all my project to a platform having some respect to customers

I finally got a response from SourceForge (after 4 months ... no comment ) : they said my project has been deleted as "it violated their rules". I think it's due to copyright violation.
As it's almost my code, and the remaining has been took from opensource and I give credit, I think they listened "Rasberry foundation" claims on all SBC A shame.

It's clear it was a bad idea from Lemaker to said the BananaPI is a clone of the Rasberry which is perfectly wrong as the only common thing is the expansion connector. But I'm fed up with this "foundation" which said wanting to encourage "education" and "open source efforts" but denigrates continuously competitors ...

hoppy  
I cannot compile the BananaLEDd: "BananaLEDd.c:28:19: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory" Google is not my friend on this. Is there anything else I should install than gcc?

hoppy  
hoppy replied at Sun Mar 15, 2015 05:03
I cannot compile the BananaLEDd: "BananaLEDd.c:28:19: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or director ...

Ok, I needed build-essential. So far so good, now I cannot figure out what option I should use in Blue=<opts> to switch it off.

hoppy replied at Sun Mar 15, 2015 15:34
Ok, I needed build-essential. So far so good, now I cannot figure out what option I should use in ...

Sorry for the late reply, I was busy for other things.

Yes, you can disable the blue LED by ether
  • comment out (#) the "Blue=" configuration line : no configuration, no bliking
  • Put an empty line
    1. Blue=
    Copy the Code

Hi

echo none | sudo tee /sys/class/leds/green\:ph24\:led1/trigger
echo none | sudo tee /sys/class/leds/blue\:pg02\:led2/trigger

works fine with Raspbian on the Banana PRO

TheMaster replied at Fri May 29, 2015 17:12
Hi

echo none | sudo tee /sys/class/leds/green\:ph24\:led1/trigger

Hi All,

I'm using banana pro with lubuntu image installed (Lubuntu_For_BananaPi_v1412.img).
It is possible to trigger Green LED but not Blue:
root@***:# ls -ltr /sys/class/leds/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 янв.   1  2010 green:ph24:led1 -> ../../devices/platform/leds-sunxi/leds/green:ph24:led1
The same is for bpi_ledtest:
root@***:# ./tmp/bpi_ledset eth0 1
phy led enabled
root@***:# uname -r

And it looks like that Blue LED is disabled by default.
Could you please tell if it's possible to enable somehow Blue LED on lubuntu?
I would like to check if it is broken or just disabled.
Thank you in advance!

Hello,

On BananaPro, the Blue LED is controled by GPIO and not by the Phy : consequently, bpi_ledtest can't help. My BananaLEDd is able to controle both Phy and GPIO Leds.

Anyway, your problem seems the Blue LED seems not exposed in /sys/class/leds/ and it's due to a missing entry in your FEX file, probably because you're using a FEX for the BananaPI, not the BananaPro.

destroyedlolo replied at Tue Sep 22, 2015 14:00
Hello,

On BananaPro, the Blue LED is controled by GPIO and not by the Phy : consequently, bpi_ledte ...

2destroyedlolo,
Thank you! Actually I found the image and didn't know that there is difference between Pi and Pro in software. I'll try to change FEX file first. If it will fail - I'll re-install all the SD card.

No need to reinstall
Don't forget you'll have to forget your FEX file to a bin (fex2bin).

Edited by achagaev at Sat Sep 26, 2015 00:23

2destroyedlolo,

Thanks again!
I had no access to Banana dirung the weekday, so I fixed Blue LED only today.
I didn't use fex2bin. I just copied script.bin from Lubuntu image for BananaPro and pasted it instead of current script.bin file on my SD card.
And it works!

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules