Lubuntu

Lubuntu GPU acceleration, driver, support

4 8368
wdc600  
Hi,

I have the BPI since a few days and everything works great. I use Lubuntu without troubles (even ExFat devices work).

I tried Android but Lubuntu is the OS I like best. So is there any chance to get GPU acceleration for 3D applications and HD Video playback?

I´m new to Linux but everythinks seems very Logical as far as installing the GPU driver.
There is a Driver p2v8 installed (/sbin/modinfo mali) but no application is supported.

There are some tutorials in the Forum and the web but I don´t know if they work.

Have I missed a thing or is the GPU Support still in development?

Thanks and best regards,

wdc600

wdc600  
hi ninjawarrior821,

thank you very much!!

asterix  
Edited by asterix at Mon Jan 12, 2015 13:02

I downloaded the image from the following link http://blog.eldajani.net/banana- ... mized-distribution/ , it worked pretty well, I can watch videos up to 1080p with mplayer; I can see full screen.

Quite important advance since I had been impossible, the only problem I have is that I could add subtitles. mplayer comes to aprecer without frontend, and errors are trying to install one and I can not use.

An important step hardware acceleration, but still lacking, especially in a browser to view videos from yotube

daniren  
marvelous!!!! Finally get a solution

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules