Bananian

Which web browser on LXDE

4 8610
jakim  
Hi All,

I am a beginner with linux and single board computers.
Recently I've installed bananian and LXDE on it. The GUI is pretty fast and light, but many of the useful application are missing.
I tried to install chrome and chromium but there was some problems.
Can you advice me which web browser to install that won't cause me so many problems?
Which troubles are you speaking about ?

Anyway, I'm using last version of firefox w/o any trouble a PC that has less resources than the bPI (I'm still using an Athlon 1.1Ghz for development purpose) : it is a bit slow but still usable.
On machines with lower resources, I'm using Midori but it suffering for some limitations in term of standard support.

asterix  
I installed midori, works relatively well, but sometimes it is frozen; and I could not install other such as firefox, chromium, etc. Apparently not exist for ARMv7 architectures.

asterix replied at Mon Jan 5, 2015 07:36
I installed midori, works relatively well, but sometimes it is frozen; and I could not install other ...

Yeah, there can be some problems with Midori, but my recommendation from experience is to install Firefox. Granted, in Bananian (and thus Debian) Firefox is not available. But Iceweasel is, and that is really just Firefox, except without any of the Firefox bloat (I'm not sure what has been changed or removed from Firefox, it seems to look and function exactly the same).

Additionally, I moved from Debian Stable repositories to Debian Testing, and it seemed to improve the performance a LOT. HOWEVER THIS IS A ONE WAY ROAD, THERE IS NO GOING FROM TESTING BACK TO STABLE IN A RELIABLE WAY, AND THINGS MAY BREAK.
So unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing, it may not be advisable. I have however had a lot of luck with it, and it works really great here, but that may not apply to you.

hodoors  
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules