XMBC

XBMC / Linux /Touchscreen

21 6276
Hi all,

since September 2014 i have one or two problems with my banana pi and Touchscreen.

When i install Bananian or some other Linux Distributions my Touchscreen works fine. When i start XBMC my Touchscreen works but i cannot configure. Under Linux everything is fine.

The other Idea is install Android and XBMC to my Bananapi. There works my Touchscreen with no Problems. But my DVI Monitor not because Android cannot give out the wright signal to my dvi monitor.

I hope some one here can give me some instructions to configure my Touchscreen for XBMC and Bananian.
I have tried so much.

At the moment i have installed Bananian, xinput-calibrator and for testing my Touchscreen i have installed the xde desktop. Everything works fine also the calibration. But when i start xbmc i can touch in the lower right side of my monitor and i see the cursor in the upper left side.

pls help me to configure the touchscreen. I had compile xbmc by my own and i have tried the Lemedia image. Both the same

best Regards
Hi again,

can anybody tell me where i can find the files to configure touchscreen for XBMC ? (i use the lemedia image and configured the touch with xinput-calibrator, inside of linux it works well but when i start xbmc it don't work. when i touch the screen in lower right the cursor goes to upper left)

regards

ph87  
Hi,
I'm in the same position like you since yesterday! I've lend a BPi to look whether I will buy one!

Now to your issue!

Which Touchscreen do you use? Do you know which kind of driver your Tocuchscreen has? Is it a N-Trig or a eGalax or something else?

The main problem is, that xbmc uses static values for the touchscreen calibration - that means you can't calibrate it by default! You've to patch some files before you compile xbmc!

You can read to the wohle development process here and try but I think it will not work!

There is another person who puts much effort in xbmc to get this working: here
I took his patches and some modules/addons and ported them over to xbmc Gotham for openelec and got this working on the raspberry pi. Have a look here!

So what I wanted to tell you is: I'm able to get this working (including a calibration addon) on the BananaPi but I've to compile xbmc myself. The problem is there is neither a guide how to compile xbmc for the BPi nor can I find the source for it!

When one of the mod/devs from the BPi sends me some information about it I hopefully can provide you a working image for the touchscreen!

Regards,

ph87

Hello,

i'm use a usb Touchscreen (Hampshire Company TSHARC Octopus). It is a capacitive Touchscreen for a 12 Inch LCD Monitor. With xinput Calibrator i can configure it for xde desktop and it works fine. Great Thanks for your help.

best regards

Hi again. I have also tried this manual: http://linux-sunxi.org/XBMC but also touchscreen don't work. The manual works only the touchscreen not.

ph87  
Have you succesfully compiled xbmc? I'm running into errors - does someone know how to solve that?:
  1. CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCXXCompiler.cmake:55 (message):
  2.   Could not find compiler set in environment variable CXX:

3.   arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++.

4. Call Stack (most recent call first):
  5.   CMakeLists.txt:1 (project)

6. CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
  7. Missing variable is:
  8. CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
  9. CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
  10. Missing variable is:
  11. CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
  12. CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:/media/myfiles/RPi/lemedia/xbmca10/tools/a10/depends/taglib/taglib-1.8/build/CMakeFiles/2.8.11.2/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
  13. CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
  14. -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
  15. make[1]: *** [.builded] Fehler 1
  16. make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/media/myfiles/RPi/lemedia/xbmca10/tools/a10/depends/taglib'
  17. make: *** [all] Fehler 2
Copy the Code

Sometimes on raspberry pi as it has no official touch screen to use, so we need a usb touchscreen. But later we will release a lcd+touchscreen(i2c), you do not need to calibration it like usb tp.
About xbmc compile manuals, I will ask Will to write one in the wiki when he is free.

ph87  
tony_zhang replied at Sun Dec 28, 2014 19:37
Sometimes on raspberry pi as it has no official touch screen to use, so we need a usb touchscreen. B ...

That's nice Thanks!!!

The main issue is, that xbmc handles the touchscreen in other way then debian or ubuntu does... That means that nearly any touchscreen will work in the right way on xbmc...
The problem is, that there are many different touchscreen boards e.g. eGalax, N-Trig, TSHARC, and so on. they all use different dirvers. And it's good when you release a Touchscreen but many people already have one at home or just want another one... I've used mine for my RaspberryPi...

So this guy:click together with the xBIAN community developed some patches which will work an most touchscreens. He also developed a add-on for XBMC to calibrate the Touchscreen easily, porting this is easy -I'd already did that for OpenElec.

I don't know much about how to compile, so I need a Guide

ph87 replied at Mon Dec 29, 2014 06:51
That's nice Thanks!!!

If we use the touchscreen with the i2c interface, we do not need to configure any file.

Hello,

i had installed bananian (latest image) and than i have compiled successfully xbmc with no errors. Only my touchscreen don't work.

apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

change dir to root
git clone https://github.com/linux-sunxi/libump.git
cd $HOME/libump
autoreconf -vi
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
sudo make install

cd ..

apt-get build-dep xbmc

apt-get install swig default-jre libgtk2.0-bin libssh-4 libssh-dev