Bananian

Screen blanking out on hdmi.

9 3973
Hi,

I have no keyboard or mouse attached to the pi and i am controlling it via ssh and vnc and after a few minutes the screen on hdmi goes blank no matter what is currently running (x11, console, graphic application on framebuffer). Using the mouse and keyboard over x11vnc (connected to the same session that is visible on hdmi) does not wake it up. this is a issue possibly related to hdmi and/or the gpu because even if the screen goes blank, vnc continues working.

Thank you in advance for helping.

Best regards.
asterix  
Hi

Similar problem.

I have keyboard and mouse attached to the pi with Bananian (with LXde). after 10 minutes of inactivity, the screen goes black and I can not reactivate it again and I must force restart. But with ssh or vnc no problem.

help please

T.S.  
edit
/etc/kbd/config

replace
  1. BLANK_TIME=30
Copy the Code
to
  1. BLANK_TIME=0
Copy the Code

asterix  
Hi.

I made the suggestion, but without results, I continue no signal and no audio after 10 minutes.

T.S.  
Maybe adding in uEnv.txt
  1. consoleblank=0
Copy the Code
can help.

First have to mount this for Bananian:
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt

... edit uEnv.txt, then
  1. umount /mnt
  2. reboot
Copy the Code
http://linux-sunxi.org/UEnv.txt
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

asterix  
Hi

I edited the file indicated, but also edited the / etc / xdg / lxsession / LXDE / autostart adding the following at the end:

@xset s off
@xset -dpms
@xset s noblank

Now it seems all is well.

Greetings and thanks

Thank you, this seems to work.

Greetings

same problem

Hi all!
I had exactly the same problem with my Banana Pro and solved it by editing the uEnv.txt file.
I inserted bootable microSD into windows computer, opened that file by notepad and changed resolution for HDMI

disp.screen0_output_mode=EDID:1920x1080p60 hdmi  

save file and put microSD back to Banana, then turned power on and screen started work correctly.
I don't remember exactly how it was before, but something like 1280x768p60 or something like that.
Hope it will help you.

hodoors  
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules