Bananian

hostapd not working with 8192cu kernel module

3 2540
mattes  
Edited by mattes at Wed Jan 14, 2015 22:25

I really like the BPi-R1, really sweet packages.

Tyying to turn my BPi-R1 into a wireless router. this requires to get hostapd working, which fails with the image 15.01.

I found this link,   http://bogeskov.dk/UsbAccessPoint.html
which suggests to build a new hostapd and a new update rt8192cu driver module.

though for the build enviroment for the bananian linux I am missing /lib/modules/3.4.104+/build and kernel headers fro 3.4.104+.

Where can I find the missing pieces? Can I download those packages?

I am more than happy to make my enhancements available once I figure it out.

Mat
AlterX  
Yes of course you can download this:
linux-headers is the package

mattes  
I looked but I can't find the linux-headers. Secondly the is the build script missing that typically comes with the kernel packages.
Anybody ever successfully (re-)build kernel modules on Bananian?
Any directions and/or pointer to the requires data packages and their availability is appreciated.
I have a decent amount of experience on major linux distribution, but I am new to Bananian and how thing are done here.

Hi,

As far as I know the available linux-headers doesn't fit to the used kernel. It's a modified sunxi kernel.
Please download the modified kernel sources for the BPI-R1 on your BPI-R1 and compile a new kernel. During the "make menuconfig" step choose under the wlan drivers the rt8192cu and disable the other one. It's possible that an "make modules" followed by a "make modules_install" is sufficient, but I haven't tried that. The link to the modified kernel sources for bpi-r1 can be found in this forum.

I don't know, why the 8192cu has been choosen by the bananian maintainer, because the rt8192cu works in my setup flawless. No problems so far with hostapd iw and iwconfig.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules