Trouble

Any way to install ssh without keyboard and mouse in BPI

9 4101
Any way to install ssh without keyboard and mouse in BPI? This is the 3rd version on Bpi release on image, and i still wonder why there is no ssh by default, iam not going to run it like a PC so hopefully won't need to invest any usb keyboard and mouse just to install the ssh. Is there any solution?
If i able to borrow a usb keyboard and mouse what are the chances it will work without investing a USB hub with charger ?(additional Power)
There is ssh on raspbian ?!

Reply 2# egalland

Yes!

Post Last Edited by ylgaoyifan at 2014-7-11 05:08

Reply 1# daristan

I think OpenSSH has been installed by default in raspbian (official image).  If you cannot login in BPI by ssh, you can use a USB-to-TTL device to login by TTL.

mamiko  
Reply 1# daristan
Keyboard and mouse work good without additional power.

Just to clarify what I wrote; I never used any keyboard with raspbian, ssh work out of the box, you just need to find the ip in your dhcp (or to scan your network with nmap)

In my case : no wired network, no keyboard, no mouse, but a usb wifi

- copy /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf from a working Raspberry Pi image to the Banana Pi sd card, using a Linux computer
- plug the usb wifi in the banana and start it
- find the banana IP address from my router's web interface

I keep these 2 files in my PC, I reinstall my Pi's way too much

In my case : no wired network, no keyboard, no mouse, but a usb wifi

- copy /etc/network/interfaces ...
CptnStouf Posted at 2014-7-12 12:58

Thanks, btw I actually have a raspberry pi and do all the configuration, is there anyway like what u do copy the files over, instead of reinstall and reconfiguration. Will it be possible?

Thanks, btw I actually have a raspberry pi and do all the configuration, is there anyway like what ...
daristan Posted at 2014-7-13 21:13

If the RPi is networked to a Linux PC,you could use scp to copy the files to the PC and then from pc to BPi(if that's what you want to do).

eg.
scp pi@192.168.1.10:/etc/network/interfaces  /home/downloads

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules