Bananian

Problem installing WiringBP

3 2501
I'm trying to install WiringBP on my bananian, but run into all sort of problems. I'm trying to do the official procedure and am at the point of:

cd WiringBP
chmod +x ./build
sudo ./build

Here this script fails of course since sudo is not installed on bananaian. And if i use only ./build then i get the following error:

"build will not execute and completion _build exists"

Same happens with the make command. I'm doing this as root. So what i've done so far is :

1. Installed git
2. run "git clone https://github.com/LeMaker/WiringBP.git -b bananapi"
3. cd WiringBP
4. chmod +x ./build

Above went ok, but since "sudo" and "make" isnt there or fails i get the following errors:

WiringPi Library
./build: 53: ./build: sudo: not found
./build: 59: ./build: make: not found

Make Failed...

Can anyone help with this problem?

You need install sudo and make software.

Ok, i see, but isn't that unfortunate for a beginner? I do know very little about Linux, but i do know a little about programming to do the GPIO. Why isn't these things installed by default on Bananian? The procedures for getting the GPIO environment at least using Python should be created/updated so its easy to get up and running on this. Many thanks for help though

There are different programming tools used which are pretty helpful to do our work. I like that papersowl update online and that would help me to fix problems as well according to professional’s suggestions. Keep it up to bring such informative and helping material online.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules