Discussion

Mali GPU (BananaPi, R1)

5 1963
Hi
When GPU on boards from subject will be fully supported? I have problems with XBMC,mplayer and X performance. I've builded everything related with GPU from sunxi site and nothing ... XBMC crashes from time to time, mplayer doesn't use hardware acceleration ... it is so lame :/

I'm trying to use GPU over HDMI on R! board ... but on this moment it is almost impossible to make it work as expected (in use Bananian at this moment)
tomek  
I can add another question here, why you chose to open platform vendor that doesn't respect GPL?

tomek replied at Fri Feb 13, 2015 06:32
I can add another question here, why you chose to open platform vendor that doesn't respect GPL?

It is question to lemaker ?

tomek  
Yes. The same as yours.

Tido  

Hi

The Lamobo R1 is not
Banana Pi
Banana Pi Pro
so it is not supported by Lemaker. What they have in common is the A20 SoC.

If you want to working hardware de- and endcoding | hardware acceleration you have to use Kernel v3.4xxx.
I suggest you look here for the image on Debian Wheezy www.armbian.com

Once you have installed armbian, search the forum for Lamobo or xmbc or vdpau.

Allwinner is not interested to play with the community and to submit good code for the Linux-Kernel-Development. Instead Allwinner spends as little time as possible to get their chip (A20)  running with the current Android Kernel and glue the GPU-Binary-Driver and decoding software to it.
The GraphicsProcessingUnit (GPU) plays an important role if you want to use the GUI.
The VDPAU CedarX enables the hardware decoding (MPEG1, MPEG2, H.264).

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules