Discussion

Banana pi boot problem

6 1784
Hy!
I tryed to installing lemedia on my banana pi. I downloaded the image file from this site, format the sd card(16GB class 10 samsung) with sd formatter and copy the image with win32 disk imager. When I put the card in to banana and connect the power its not boot. Only the red led lighting. I tryed to installing android 4.4 with phoenix and it's work fine. What is the problem? How can iI install lunix to work? Can every body help me?
Thanks and best regards!
Benji
After you copy the image into the sd card using win32 disk imager, could do you seen any files in the SD card?

After win32 disk imager is succesfully complete the I see this file on the card:
script.bin
uEnv
uImage

I tried with this method the Raspbian linux for banana pi and this works fine with the card. What is the problem? The lemedia image is wrong?

Edited by ericwilk at Sat Feb 28, 2015 19:34

It would be nice to have a wrapper and CRC-32/SHA-256 checks for these...  

EDIT: bits, bytes. tomatoe tomato

You get the idea though :p

This way people don't need to use these programs and "hope" the image is stable (doesn't have to be corrupt in the repo for this to happen, after all).

Benji1992 replied at Sat Feb 28, 2015 02:05
After win32 disk imager is succesfully complete the I see this file on the card:
script.bin
uEnv

Is that it? There should be a partition with the filesystem I'd think...

Might not mount on Windows though. May be able to check using fdisk -l (or whatever windows equivalent is)

Properly only the Raspbian linux work, but on the boot screen I see 512MB RAM. What? The banana has 1GB RAM. What is wrong?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules