Edited by kvsari at Tue Mar 24, 2015 06:37 |
Hi, I'm also trying to get OpenBSD to run on the BananaPro. The board is fine as I can get the archlinux image working.
I followed the instructions at http://wiki.lemaker.org/Building ... in_and_linux-kernel I used bsd.SUNXI.umg (fromhttp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/armv7/) as uImage.
Here is my uEnv.txt;
The u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin works as I tested dd'ing it onto the working arch microSD image. The script.bin also works since I replaced the arch image's script.bin file with the one I generated. The arch image still loads up fine. Yet the microSD with the OpenBSD doesn't even bring up a console or kernel panic. Just a blank screen. Copy the Code
- aload_script=fatload mmc 0 0x43000000 /script.bin;
- aload_kernel=fatload mmc 0 0x48000000 /uImage;bootm 0x48000000;
- uenvcmd=run aload_script aload_kernel
- bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200 consoleblank=0 console=tty0 disp.screen0_output_mode=EDID:1280x720p60 hdmi.audio=EDID:0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext2 elevator=deadline rootwait
Doing a "file uImage" from the arch image gives;
Doing a file bsd.SUNXI.umg gives; Copy the Code
- uImage: u-boot legacy uImage, Linux-3.4.103, Linux/ARM, OS Kernel Image (Not compressed), 4822880 bytes, Thu Dec 18 13:56:02 2014, Load Address: 0x40008000, Entry Point: 0x40008000, Header CRC: 0xEF37B6C3, Data CRC: 0x7F6B86A3
Basically, the green light comes on and stays on instead of blinking like when it loads arch. I don't get any other info than that. Copy the Code
- bsd.SUNXI.umg: u-boot legacy uImage, boot, Linux/ARM, OS Kernel Image (Not compressed), 3743544 bytes, Sat Mar 21 20:19:23 2015, Load Address: 0x40800000, Entry Point: 0x40800000, Header CRC: 0xCB82EEE0, Data CRC: 0xA4E862ED
Is this something to do with the load addresses? Does anyone have any ideas? How can I get more information about where it's failing? I'll continue trying to figure this out and post any progress.