Edited by jakubs11 at Sat Mar 7, 2015 02:00 |
Some time ago I wrote about my little project with BananaPro LINK
Well, some time ago I went on a 3-day trip and when returned I realized that my BPro isn't working. i tried to restart it but the only thing i could get from it was a constantly on red led.
I searched though the forum and found out about the issues with PSU, PSU cables, microSD cards, microSD adapters so i tried:
2 different PSU:
- 5V 2A from a raspberry shop with built-in cable
- 5v 2.1A wall charger for OnePlus One with 2 different cables
3 different microSD cards:
- class10 16GB
- class10 8GB
- class4 4GB
3 different OS's form lemaker download section:
- Raspbian (which i have been using for a quite some time)
I 'burned' the images on microSD cards using:
- windows + Win32DiskImager + built-in microSD reader
- windows + Win32DiskImager + built-in SD reader with adapter (3 different computers)
- windows + Win32DiskImager + microSD-to-USB adapter (3 different computers)
- linux mint + dd + built-in microSD reader
- linux mint + dd + built-in SD reader with adapter (2 different computers)
- linux mint + dd + microSD-to-USB adapter (2 different computers)
No matter what I did, only the red LED was turning on when power was plugged. *yes, the right mircoUSB port, not OTA*
So, not seeing other options I ordered PL-2303HX with a set of cables.
This is just to comfirm validity of my USB-to-TTL adapter
A picture of by USB-to-TTL adapter
And a dead BananaPro powered and conected to serial:
and this is the output when BPro power cabel is plugged in, different USB ports (2.0 and 3.0), different PSUs:
just a check if I connected the cables right:
There is no hdmi output, no green/blue LED blinking, SSH fails, ethernet LEDs doesnt blink when cable connected, no reaction to plugging in USB peripherals.
I'd like to point out that I have been using BPro for over a month, i burned multiple images on microSD cards, i used Banana both with screen+mouse+keyboard and SSH-ing to it.
I had the USB-to-TTL adapter checked by a friend for other uses - it's valid.
I don't know what else can i try. Any suggestions?