how to switch the default audio device (in Android)

39 11765
gaara  
Hi all,

I don't know if this subject has been already solved, but I don't know how to set the default audio out in Android. I havn't found anything about this (except the image of Hab)
I think it's HDMI by default but I would like to set the Jack output. (AUDIO_CODEC in the audio menu).
I can't use the Hab's image because I have installed a touchscreen!

Does it can be solve after build the image, with a system already installed, or before the compilation ?

Thanks
liab  
The only chance you have is to use the /lib/hw from my image. If there is only the hw_audio_hdmi, the hw is the codec version one. If there is hw_audio_codec the hw is the HDMI version.

Rename it in your image the /lib/hw folder to hw-org and insert the hw folder from my image.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhf8vifm984k0wc/audio.tar.gz?dl=0

gaara  
Ok, I will try this.
Thanks

gaara  
liab, one disappeared problem
great !

Bram  
liab replied at Wed Mar 11, 2015 13:18
The only chance you have is to use the /lib/hw from my image. If there is only the hw_audio_hdmi, th ...

Hi,

Do you also happen to know how to disable composite video under Android on the BPro? I've succesfully set the audio codec as default, but the audio output is cracking badly. Probably because of the fact that there is a video signal on the out as well.

Hope you can help me out!

liab  
Bram replied at Sat May 16, 2015 04:11
Hi,

Do you also happen to know how to disable composite video under Android on the BPro? I've suc ...

I think to spare a second jack for TV was a very bad idea from Lemaker. May be the plug has a very bad selection. I would try a plug with audio r, audio l and video composite. And make a bridge from video composite to GND.

Normally the TV jack has no signal if HDMI is plugged in. So I think the cracklings are coming from a bad hardware.

Bram  
Edited by Bram at Sun May 17, 2015 05:05
liab replied at Sat May 16, 2015 10:10
I think to spare a second jack for TV was a very bad idea from Lemaker. May be the plug has a very ...

Hi,

I'm using a lemaker 5 inch touchscreen which disables when I plug in HDMI. So the composite video is not automatically turned off. Totally agree it is a bad choice to spare a jack... My old Banana Pi give me no problems at all.

Tony_Zhang told me that TV out can be diabled in the config, see [BananaPro] Crackling on Audio Jack output on Android
http://forum.lemaker.org/forum.p ... 8&fromuid=71322

But I can't seem to find the right file nor line to change.. Any ideas?

If I understand you correctly it is also possible to disable composite video by connecting a gpio to ground? Which pin is composite video then?

liab  
Bram replied at Sun May 17, 2015 03:59
Hi,

I'm using a lemaker 5 inch touchscreen which disables when I plug in HDMI. So the composite v ...

Has the pro no special y-cable, to select audio r/l  and FBAS like most pc capiture cards? When not, make it, or ground the FBAS on the bpi. The jack should have GND, audio r, audio l and FBAS. Who is who you must try out.

In the folder /ANDROID/lichee/tools/pack/chips/sun7i/configs/android/sugar-bpi/ you will find the sys_config.fex with a lot of configurations , to play with  all        capabilities will need some days.

;disp init configuration and at the end of the file the boot display configuration, e.g.:
;
;disp_mode            (0:screen0<screen0,fb0> 1:screen1<screen1,fb0> 2:two_diff_screen_diff_contents<screen0,screen1,fb0,fb1>
;                      3:two_same_screen_diff_contets<screen0,screen1,fb0> 4:two_diff_screen_same_contents<screen0,screen1,fb0>)
;screenx_output_type  (0:none; 1:lcd; 2:tv; 3:hdmi; 4:vga)
;screenx_output_mode  (used for tv/hdmi output, 0:480i 1:576i 2:480p 3:576p 4:720p50 5:720p60 6:1080i50 7:1080i60 8:1080p24 9:1080p50 10:1080p60 11:pal 14:ntsc)
;screenx_output_mode  (used for vga output, 0:1680*1050 1:1440*900 2:1360*768 3:1280*1024 4:1024*768 5:800*600 6:640*480 10:1920*1080 11:1280*720)
;fbx format           (4:RGB655 5:RGB565 6:RGB556 7:ARGB1555 8:RGBA5551 9:RGB888 10:ARGB8888 12:ARGB4444)
;fbx pixel sequence   (0:ARGB 1:BGRA 2:ABGR 3:RGBA) --- 0 for linux, 2 for android
;lcd0_bright          (lcd0 init bright,the range:[0,256],default:197
;lcd1_bright          (lcd1 init bright,the range:[0,256],default:197

After changing, new build is necessary.

You can change it with DF under advanced settings, system config (sysconfig1.lhs).

But self compiling is the much more better way!

Bram  
liab replied at Sun May 17, 2015 11:14
Has the pro no special y-cable, to select audio r/l  and FBAS like most pc capiture cards? When no ...

Hi,

I got a y-cable to split the audio and video signal. Connected the red and white audio wires through a converter to the 3.5 jack and the yellow one to GND. Still no improvement.. Popping and Cracking sound continues..
As said I'm using a Banana pro with a Lemaker 5 inch LCD touchscreen, having the config file set to use screen0 as lcd and screen1 as hdmi. As far as I can tell all composite video out / tv out settings are set to 0. Besides the Screen output is there another specific  setting I have to change?

liab  
Bram replied at Wed May 20, 2015 02:54
Hi,

I got a y-cable to split the audio and video signal. Connected the red and white audio wires  ...

I don't think there are other possibilities. Is the crackling in the sound during TV out ist proper working and on right and left audio channel? Perhaps the hardware is damaged.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules