Has anyone mess with Netflix yet?

9 1605
I just downloaded Netflix from Google play and it's choppy and a little blurry.. So ran into this link  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2305091 from one of the treads here in this forum and would like to know if anyone had any success with the Netflix 3 or Netflix 2.4.1 apk ?
I'm using Netflix after using the tricks as can be found here on this forum:

- use the mattrix 720p android image as basis (can be found on this forum)
- download the SuperSU utility from the playstore
- download the XPosed framework ,also the fake-wifi module and check that it's running after the required reboot
- Download the Netflix client from the Playstore and select 'wifi only' for playback

Netflix should now be ok, no stuttering or rough edges at the images. Also standard Kodi runs perfect with the mattrix image (in Kodi, select libstagefright hw decoding, unselect mediacodec). Without these trick, you might have noticed that Netflix is not 'auto tuning' the image quality as it normally does. After these trick, it starts in the same old, 'rough' mode, but during a few seconds, you should see the quality increase and auto-tune it to make use of the available resources.
Looking at the CPU load, it's still not using hw decoding but manages to get a very acceptable result. Hope it works for you too :-)

If you want to use Droidmote Server (to control your BananaPi using your Android phone, works like a dream), you need a kernel modification (same as for some keyboards to get to work) which is, afaik is not (yet?) in the matrix image, at least not the version I tried initially, so I had to do it myself.

Controlling Netflix with your phone from the couch is just great.

franklee replied at Fri Mar 27, 2015 05:50

- use the mattrix 720p ...

Hi Franklee,

How did DroidMote work? need to recompile the kernel from scratch ?

Regards,

Leonardo

Edited by franklee at Sat Mar 28, 2015 09:58

Droidmote server will work as mouse only with the most banana images. To have a full working app (so incl.keyboard, and game controller) , the android image needs to be compiled (in config.sh) with the option : "Device drivers->HID Devices->/dev/hidraw raw HID device support" activated. This is also required to get some wifi keyboard working (see other topics on this forum) so I guess new images will have it. I'm now using the suger-lemaker image, but the bpi-android images seem to be a bit faster from what I read here, so I compiled the GIT sources yesterday but no time yet to test it.
However, I prefer to use an image which is maintained by more skilled people then myself, so hopefully somebody here on this forum will release an image with raw HID support (and maybe IR and Bluetooth support?).

Thanks I will give it a try today..

100% working Thank you!!

Netflix is good but not outstanding. Now we have many apps like this In the market which are better, cheaper and reliable than Netflix so, I recommend to try download showbox apk. You can stream a huge amount of movies, TV shows or music. Its completely a free movie streaming service.

It's not working on my phone. I also deleted to my gmail account then again added it. And, again tried to install netflix app. But still, It's not working. I will contact to CanonCustomer Care

jeremyyelle replied at Nov 17, 2016 05:11
Netflix is good but not outstanding. Now we have many apps like this In the market which are better, ...

You know I have downloaded lots of apps which provide all primum stuffs for free and all I can say now is that I am in love with showbox app. Thanks to the developers. Check it out once.

hey, If you have any query related to the Lenovo support then in this condition you can easily visit us
Lenovo Customer Support[url=Lenovo Support]https://lenovosupport.org/[/url]

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules