XMBC

XBMC Gotham 13.1 on Android 4.2

23 23438
xefil  
Hi guys!

Got it!

I know someone is waiting news from me to use XBMC on Lubuntu. I've some issues to resolve I've posted on the other thread, but meanwhile I've succesfully installed XBMC on Android. Here we have a big advantage, due I've downloaded the last version (13.1) from xbmc.org.
It means it's not necessary to compile the latest available XBMC 12 version and compile it to have vpdau-sunxi support.

Of course with hardware acceleration.

So look at that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zGSnT_AjtA

I've only tested a 1080P video and Airplay support. Both are working well

Tomorrow I'll test it better and try to import my backup from the Ubuntu server.
I'll let you know the steps to follow to set-it up!

Cheers!

Simon
Thats fantastic. Virtual HIGH 5.
Way to go Simon.

mattrix  
Hi Simon,

So, you are just using xbmc-13.2-Gotham_beta1-armeabi-v7a.apk on the Android 4.2.2 image?

Just donwnload and install?

xefil  
Yess mattrix, just that, but let me reassume what I've done:

- Installed Android 4.2.2 image
- Followed 'dlanor' instructions to enable the /mnt/sdcard mount point (http://forum.lemaker.org/viewthr ... &extra=page%3D1)
- Installed OFFICIAL xbmc android arm package from xbmc.org/download
- Installed MX Player, opened it and enabled HW acceleration
- created playercorefactory.xml to use MX Player as default player
- Added external HDD and added only ONE movie for test (Avatar 1080P)
- scraper and play: OK!
- enabled Airplay, tested, works.

What next:

- test a little bit different settings
- install some plugins in XBMC like madsonic which I use a lot (subsonic server)
- import old XBMC database
- other minor tests

Hope this helps ;-)

Cheers!

Simon

mattrix  
Can you post your code for playerfactory.xml?

xefil  
Of course. Let me give the time to access the device, after launch time ;)

mattrix  
Does XBMC close and then play video in MX Player?
So, you can't get player controls overlay etc?
Or, does it still all play in XBMC?

xefil  
Reply 5# mattrix

Hello!

Here my playercorefactory.xml

1. <playercorefactory>        <players>                <!-- MXPlayer Free definition -->                <player name="MXPlayerFree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true" >                        <filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad</filename>                        <!-- Hide XBMC -->                        <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>                        <!-- After 2 minutes set the movie as seen -->                        <playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>                </player>        </players>     <rules action="prepend">                        <rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="MXPlayerFree" />        </rules></playercorefactory>
Copy the Code

Place it in:
  1. /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
Copy the Code

This is for playing only *.mkv*. files. The rest is played via internal DVDPlayer. Subsonic (madsonic) addons works as well, yeah!

I wonder only if someone could test whether Android in this setup is capable to send the audio stream via HDMI in passthrough mode. I cannot test it right now, because my ampli doesn't have a HDMI input, only SPDIF. I've ordered a HDMI to HDMI+SPDIF splitter.
Could someone made this test?

Thanks!

Simon

xefil  
Does XBMC close and then play video in MX Player?
So, you can't get player controls overlay etc?
Or, ...
mattrix Posted at 2014-7-18 04:54

Sorry, I've not seen your question, but I've seen you IMAGE with XBMC and the MX Player suggested, also I thing you got the answer yourself.
;-)

Simon

dlanor  
Post Last Edited by dlanor at 2014-7-18 12:38

@xefil:

Can you please post "playercorefactory.xml" as a real file instead ?

The site software's "Copy Code" command seems bugged, and delivers the text as a single long string without any line breaks, and I don't think this is the proper form of the file. I think I can deduce the correct format, and fix it by editing, but I'd prefer to have the original file.
I'll edit it anyway, for some variations of my own (like MXPlayer Pro), but I'd like to start with a proper one.

I tried using XBMC for Android earlier, but was unsatisfied with its native unaccelerated CODEC support.
But I do use MXPlayer (the Pro version), so that should make a big difference, like it did for you.
I'll probably use it mostly with the PlexBMC addon and the Plex-oriented skin 'Amber', since I'm a heavy Plex user.

In case you're not familiar with it, Plex is a free server-client system for streaming media library contents to multiple clients.

The official "Plex for Android" client has some features I dislike (like active background service routines, even when the app is not running), so I currently use a 3rd-party client named "Serenity" instead (which also uses MXPlayer). But XBMC with PlexBMC and Amber offers better media library navigation, which is very important with a large media library like mine.

Best regards: dlanor

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules