Android 4.2 Mattrix XBMC Image - (UPDATED 2014.11.11)

181 67895
Post Last Edited by estebanpi at 2014-9-1 20:31

Matrix; I want to change the standard tv from pal to ntsc, is it possible? You know the procedure?

mattrix  
Are you using HDMI?
Pretty sure there is no NTSC / PAL when it comes to HDMI

dlanor  
Are you using HDMI?
mattrix Posted at 2014-9-2 14:05

I agree. PAL and NTSC acronyms refer to special colour modulation methods that are never used for HDMI.
They may be used for the composite video output connector however, but using this would give awful results compared to HDMI.

PAL was the most common old TV format in Europe and uses 50Hz VSync 64usec scanlines and a max rez of 576i.
NTSC was the older US TV format (also used in other places) with 60Hz Vsync 63.5 usec scanlines and a max rez of 480i.

Possibly some people want to connect a BPi to some old monitor/TV set which only supports one of the old TV standards, and for such cases it's the composite video output that must be used. I believe this should be possible to do, using either NTSC or PAL signals, by using DragonFace to tweak the bootup settings properly. But it would mean quite a lot of detailed work for a pretty bad end result...

Best regards: dlanor

ChrisP  
Hi,

I'm a complete newbie on BPi and started to play with it for a week now. I wanted to thanks the OP (and dlanor for mirroring the file ).

I've played a little bit with the 4.4 beta and this version is really more stable and clean for me. But I have an issue I have not fixed yet. I have a nice Logitech k400 remote keyboard, with touchpad integrated. On the beta 4.4 it was recognised from scratch, with even the special keys active, but this version do not recognize it. What should I do to make the keyboard supported ? An android app or something to tweak inside the Android image ?

Regards !

Are you using HDMI?
mattrix Posted at 2014-9-2 14:05

ok, thanks for the clarification

I agree. PAL and NTSC acronyms refer to special colour modulation methods that are never used for  ...
dlanor Posted at 2014-9-2 16:43

thanks Delanor take into account their point of view

ChrisP  
After crawling a bit some xda posts, it looks like  drivers for the Unifying receiver need to be included in the kernel. So it sounds like they are included on the 4.4 beta 1 image, but not on the Mattrix version.

Mattrix, can you please explained how you manipulated your image ? I tried Dragonface with low success, ext4_unpacker/ext2explore is not working at all on this img format ...

With Dragonface 2.2.0, I can open the image, excepted the message (The firmware can not support the system function) so I do not have access to the android filesystem. However it seems I can save img file after some tweaking/modification.

dlanor  
About that Android 4.4 image available on another website:

In all my tests with that image I have failed to get proper root privileges, though it seems they've gone to some lengths to make it seem rooted.

ES File Explorer doesn't get an error message when trying to use 'root explorer' mode.
But it also doesn't get to see any 'secret' root content. All of that remains hidden.

SuperSU fails to install the kernel modules, so it never gets activated.

All-in-all this means that this Android 4.4 image is useless to me.
Without proper rooting many of the things I want to do will not work.

The Android 4.2 image is properly rooted, so despite some of its limitations I will stick to that one.

Note that this applies both to the original image and the ones modified by mattrix. All of these Android 4.2 images are properly rooted, though the original one lacks the SuperSU app.

Best regards: dlanor

Reply 58# dlanor

Thanks for the heads up...
I was thinking on try Android 4.4, but now I am not so sure...
I also rely too much on SuperSu to run apps.

gregnie  
Post Last Edited by mattrix at 2014-9-4 00:14

Modified
- Rooted
- SD Card Storage Mount Fix
- Se ...
mattrix Posted at 2014-7-18 01:01

hi, mattrix, would you please tell me how to make such small img? I was trying to make one, but it's 16G, after compressed, it's still 2G, it's too large, i tried Gparted, but it seems it cann't resize the partition.

thanks.

Greg.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules