Bananian

Determining what model I'm running on

13 2617
igorpec  
Edited by igorpec at Tue Apr 21, 2015 19:24

Correct. Not yet for Pi vs PRO yet ... but I'll fix that once ;)  Not that critical as for R1.

Omega  
No, I don't want a script.bin for both.  I am running a script which I want to be able to have detect the type of device it is interacting with so that it can install the correct script.bin itself (rather than relying on a GUI prompt running on the device).

tkaiser  
There is no 'script.bin for both'

If you would use Igor's image you could simply do what you want right now. He ships with a script.bin for Banana Pi which has also the Wi-Fi/SDIO stuff enabled. This is the prerequisit to check the existence of the AP6181 Wi-Fi chip (due to the way hardware initialisation works on Allwinner devices -- hardware that isn't connected logically via script.bin/fex or dts/dtb to the SoC isn't physically available!).

In case you detect it using
  1. modprobe ap6210
Copy the Code
you can exchange script.bin (overwriting script.bin with /root/bananapro.bin which enables GPIO stuff on the Pro/M1+) and you're done. It's that easy and maybe Igor will add this behaviour with v2.7 of his image.

You could do the same with/for Bananian right now using bin2fex/fex2bin and comparing the relevant settings or by relying on Igor's default script.bin.

Omega  
Edited by Omega at Thu Apr 23, 2015 07:54

Dude, do you even read what I write?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules