Trouble

Turning on Xinerama breaks eglInitialise

1 1243
MrB  
Edited by MrB at Wed May 6, 2015 05:31

On my Banana Pi (Arch distro) I have a Xinerama setup with a HDMI and LCD screen. This allows me to use both screens as intended.
I wrote a OpenGL ES program that fails to open in this setup, eglInitialize returns 3003 (EGL_BAD_ALLOC 0x3003 EGL failed to allocate resources for the requested operation.)

This could be explained by memory being too low or not having enough video memory reserved for the GPU.
However when I turn Xinerama off, without changing anything else in my settings, my program runs without any errors.
This is not ideal, as my program needs to be displayed on the non primary screen. Without Xinerama I'm not able to start anything on the second screen.

Google sadly doesn't provide me with much info on this issue.

I have no clue which logs would be relevant, so please let me know if you need more info. Dmesg, Xorg.0.log don't return anything that seems worthwhile.

Thanks in advance.

MrB  
I played around a bit more and noticed something.

The "gears" and "glxgears" commands work with Xinerama enabled.
"es2gears_x11" gives the same "failed to initialize EGL display", just as "es2_info".

Seems to be that Xinerama breaks my drivers or something. I'm running this Arch distro to be specific, which claims to have pre-installed all drivers required:
http://blog.eldajani.net/banana- ... mized-distribution/

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules