Other Projects

professional case banana pi with hdd 2.5"

5 3146
vladc  
Hello everyone,

after spending long time to search a good case for a bpi with hdd i ended up building my own (on a factory)
My specs are the following:
Cuts are just for network, and usb ports
Power button external
Power connector external with an internal split to power separately the HDD and the board.
(in my experience powering the hdd from the board can overheat the board and reduce it's lifespan considerably)
Case is made from Aluminium.

I am curious if there are more people looking for such a case since now i have the opportunity to build more
it suitable for a NAS or other headless server (since it's designed without the hdmi cut)
Can you post some images of the case?

vladc  
unnamed.jpg

this is a sample image from the factory.
The power button from the top is not functional, there is one on the front. The one from the top will be removed probably.

tkaiser  
in my experience powering the hdd from the board can overheat the board and reduce it's lifespan considerably

This is wrong when you're talking about SATA and not USB disks. The SATA power connector and pwr-in are connected directly without involving the PMU. Therefore you can also power the board using the SATA power connector (see vanks' enclosure for example).

If you really care about thermal issues then keep in mind that all the hot stuff is on the lower side of the PCB (A20 SoC, AXP209 PMU and DRAM).

oguska  
You can try an old ext-hdd case.Here is mine.

The foreign threat is reflected for the provision of the t things for the people. An account of the man and British essay writers review is submitted for the reformed nature of the characters for the individuals.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules