Other OS

Ubuntu MATE for the Banana Pro

40 16280
sraeisi  
I have burned the image but it has unknown characters on login page. Any idea how to fix it?

whitefox replied at Mon Jun 1, 2015 07:38
I updated the image
and add support ibvdpau-sunxi driver for mplayer h264 encoded! (hardware accel ...

Does the Ubuntu mate 15 support GPIO... I am starting to use Banana Pi M1. I have to communicate using I2C with another module... I downloaded Ubuntu Mate just now... But not sure if it supports GPIO, I2C etc... Can you help me...

whitefox replied at Mon Jun 1, 2015 07:38
I updated the image
and add support ibvdpau-sunxi driver for mplayer h264 encoded! (hardware accel ...

What filename goes here? lol

Edited by samuel.pulpan at Sun Nov 1, 2015 14:54

Thank you for image. But if I installed a system update I have got a problem because the 3.6 GB is very small capacity for system update. Could you increase the root directory on 10 GB ?
I used 16 GB micro SD card,

How to enable the 7" Touchscreen ?

Zwinto  
Edited by Zwinto at Aug 30, 2016 06:52

I've found a Ubuntu Mate for Banana pro that actually supports snd_seq and I'm a happy camper..BUT... how the heck do i make my banana boot from my sata drive? It was easy with lubuntu just edit uENV and you're set..BUT the Ubuntu mate do not use the same way..so..how do I do that? ( Ubuntu Mate 16.04 )

Zwinto  
Please step by step

Zwinto  
I did some steps first
sudo fdisk /dev/sda
d
n
w
ok..
then
sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1

then
sudo mkdir temp

then

mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /temp

then
sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt

then cd temp

sudo cp -aP * /mnt

and there's where I am right now...

Zwinto  
feels abit like this forum is not so active...

Just cope the Ubuntu Mate root file system into your SATA hard disk, and modify the uEvn.txt file to boot from the partition that you hard disk use.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules