Discussion

There is no voltage on the sata power output in my banana pro?

11 3254
Is there anything wrong?
The is only a coil used as a filter b/w the "power supply" micro USB.
Now, if you're powering your board using the OTG micro USB, the disk is not powered.

vanks  
I mean that no any component between the power in connector and the sata power out connector. They are linked directly, without any control. Because this, you can use both of then to power the BPi.
Of course it's natural to use the sata power connector to supply the HDD, but in my tests, I noted that the HDD didn't received enough power to work from this connector, while linking directly to the power supply, it worked fine. Maybe the structure of the micro USB connector or the tracks in the board aren't suitable to supply enough power to the BPi and the HDD (This is just my opinion. I don't have electric knowledge).

I'm having the same problem here. Multimeter reads 0V on the sata power connector on my BPro.

Power is provided by a 1.5A charger from my Xperia Z1

hawhill  
How do you power your BPro?

Hi,

again, the same problem. I have tried both powering my banana PI via an AC with 5V and 2A and via USB powerbank, results are the same. I was wondering whether the issue could be that the pins are swapped. However, I use the cable that was in this amazon bundle: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/ ... _detailpage_o02_s00

I also tried to test the power pins by connecting them to a light bulp (it remained dark) or to exchange the pins... but nothing seemed to work.

Also, in some forum there was a guy that posted this interesting piece of code to check the voltage (overall? for the SATA power port? I do not know):

awk '{printf ("%0.2f",$1/1000000); }' /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20-supplyer.28/power_supply/ac/voltage_now

The result is 0.00#. So there does not seem to be any power...

This was one of the reasons to by the banana pi, though. I wanted an fast-connected 2.5'' hard drive. So what could be the issue here?

If you have a multimeter check the voltage at both the pins of the component marked "FB4" on the back side of the board.

should read 5V on both pins.

vanks  
I don't know about BPro, but in BPi, I almost sure that there isn't any circuit between power in and sata power out. It's just a bridge. In fact I've used the sata power out connector to power the BPi and I made a bus from the power supply to power the BPi and the HDD. You can see it in my case: http://www.lemaker.org/thread-15342-1-3.html

Edited by Eisflamme at Fri Jul 17, 2015 06:45

I do not get that. What do you mean, it is just a bridge? The two pins are just connected and that's it? What is the idea behind it, then?

It should be normal and natural that you can get power from SATA power out to power your hard drive and many projects and posts in the web seem to support this idea. Still, there is not voltage and no current, as it seems
Edit: I also do not have a multimeter =/ any other possible way to test? Could try to power a fan in my desktop computer via the BPI...

Edited by Eisflamme at Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:26

That was it! Thank you very much!! I am the very fish. I did not think about any of this... So, DC IN is connected to SATA_PWR but USB OTG cannot power SATA_PWR, got it.

I tried to find a schematic diagram for the Pro to comprehend this better but could not find it. Does it exist? and found it: http://forum.lemaker.org/thread-14686-1-1.html

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules