Discussion

LeMaker forum collect suggestions

60 9637
That's right, I remember your post. At that time, I did not know the names nor any information, and frankly did not expect them so soon.

Thanks for the link to the product images!

Ah, so HiKey is made by LeMaker. I knew about HiKey, but not that it is from LeMaker.

Given that the "iano" will be i.MX 6 based it looks like LeMaker is diversifying. I am hoping (against hope) that they keep the A20 boards going as they are a very useful set of features at a good price. I am sure if LeMaker drops the ball others will still make them.

I saw another article somewhere that PowerVR will be opened up - mind you, I'll believe it when I see it.

tkaiser  
mikronauts replied at Tue Jun 23, 2015 16:41
Ah, so HiKey is made by LeMaker.

Srsly? Look at the Linaro memberships: https://www.linaro.org/members/

There's a company called HiSilicon that's present almost everywhere. I doubt that Tony can do the same.

Sorry, I mis-understood your earlier post where you wrote:

"And there's already one 96boards product mentioned since days: http://wiki.lemaker.org/96boards/HiKey"

Probably due to the lemaker forum reference

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at Wed Jun 24, 2015 09:03

Now that they released some informations a first attempt to see where we are now confuses me:

• Guitar: SoM with S500 SoC, quad core Cortex-A9R4 CPU, 1GB/2GB DDR3 and 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB eMMC, no SATA, just 100 Mbits/sec Ethernet, "40 Pin Header, 28×GPIO, some of which can be used for specific functions including UART, I2C, SPI, PWM, I2S, ADC, FM-IN"
  • Bass: SBC with S900 SoC, quad core Cortex-A53 with up to 1.4 GHz CPU with PowerVR G6230, 1GB DRAM, 8GB eMMC, no SATA, no Ethernet, "40 Pin Header, 32×GPIO, some of which can be used for specific functions including UART, I2C, SPI, PWM, PCM"
  • Piano: single/dual/quad core i.MX6, 1GB/2GB DRAM, 8GB eMMC, SATA (where?), Gbit Ethernet (limited to 470 Mbits/sec as usual with i.MX6), PCIe 2.0 x1, "Raspberry Pi Model B+ Port interface"

The strength of BPi/Pro were both SATA and Gbit Ethernet and some compatibility to RPi due ported WiringPi lib and so on. Since all the new boards also feature a 40 pin header I thought "great, LeMaker will assure RPi GPIO compatibility on all these new boards as well". But since the "Bass" is just a board following the 96boards specs (they require a "Low profile 40 way female header for maker/community use" using 1.8V) that's not the case.

3 very different devices that need an enormous amount of work to be done (applies to the SBCs based an Actions Semi SoCs -- i.MX6 is well supported and matches Banana's feature set the most... for 3-4 times more bucks if not even more).

mikronauts replied at Tue Jun 23, 2015 16:41
That's right, I remember your post. At that time, I did not know the names  nor any information, a ...

HiKey is not designed by LeMaker. LeMaker now is just coorperating with them to maintain the HiKey community and technical support.
In future, LeMaker is no longer just a community that only support its own products, but also will do support to other SBCs to make LeMaker to become a comprehensive community. Such as the LeMaker Piano is designed by LeMaker and Freescale. Later the Bass is designed by LeMaker and Actions. So LeMaker will accept kinds of SBCs into LeMaker community.

tkaiser replied at Tue Jun 23, 2015 17:24
Srsly? Look at the Linaro memberships: https://www.linaro.org/members/

There's a company called  ...

LeMaker now are the member of Linaro LCG, so we will do support the 96Boards such as Hikey.
Please see the news: https://www.linaro.org/news/lina ... unity-boards-group/
The LCG is in charge of the 96Boards projects.

tkaiser replied at Tue Jun 23, 2015 13:08
I "knew" about these new products. You should try a google search for eg. "lemaker guitar site:lem ...

I promise that we will do support to Banana Pro/Pi forever. LeMaker do not only support just one SBC.
LeMaker now have engaged many engineers, and they are now in different projects groups according to the SoC such as Actions & Allwinner, Freescale, Hissilicon .... So we will do support to all the products now in LeMaker community.

And I also want to tell story: The original Allwinner people is from Actions, so we can say that the Actions is the mother of Allwinner. Now Actions have established a big group to support the Open Source, and give us more support than Allwinner.

Edited by mikronauts at Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:19
tony_zhang replied at Wed Jun 24, 2015 09:34
HiKey is not designed by LeMaker. LeMaker now is just coorperating with them to maintain the HiKey ...

Excellent news (that you will support many SBC's) Tony!

tony_zhang replied at Wed Jun 24, 2015 09:49
I promise that we will do support to Banana Pro/Pi forever. LeMaker do not only support just one S ...

I am VERY glad that you will keep supporting the Banana Pi / Pro etc... they are excellent boards for many applications.

The on-board SATA and Gig-E makes them far more suitable for some apps than other SBC's, I hope to see more boards from you with SATA/GigE

tkaiser replied at Wed Jun 24, 2015 09:02
Now that they released some informations a first attempt to see where we are now confuses me:

Well, we still have BPi's

I think there is a definite need for more boards with SATA and GigE, and I am somewhat concerned that 96boards seems to want to label their standard for such as "Enterprise" version.

In my experience, "Enterprise" = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules