Discussion

LeMaker forum collect suggestions

60 9487
tkaiser replied at Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:51
Regarding support for BPi/Pro -- LeMaker corrected the ugly CSS for the forum but the forum is sti ...

I have discussed with the website developer, and hope them can fix the url problem as soon as possible. Becaus they have update the forum version, the previous url type can noe be used, and so I have asked them to give out a good solution to the problem you all mentioned. Please give them some time. Thanks for your suggestion and support. Hope we can have a nice meeting in future when I go abroad.

tkaiser replied at Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:51
Regarding support for BPi/Pro -- LeMaker corrected the ugly CSS for the forum but the forum is sti ...

About the Actions, they now have contribute many resource to the open source field, and we LeMaker are also now editing the documents from them and will publish all the configuration files in the LeMakr community. So in my opinion, I trusted Actions, and their atttitue to open source also give me confidence.

And from the i.MX6 datasheet, the temperature range has 3 level: comsumer, extend consumer, auto. The basic is -40-85, and middle is -40-105.

tkaiser replied at Wed Jun 24, 2015 15:08
Which market?

If we speak about ARM SoCs then there are Marvell Kirkwood/Armada (designed for NAS ...

And I also talked with many other people about the sata, GMAC and USB3.0. Becasue the Acrions S500 has USB3.0 on it, and now the speed of USB3.0 to GMAC is about 700Mbit/s. And I also think with the USB3.0, it is more flexible to extend more high speed interface. But maybe it sure will need more cost on the adapter board such as USB3.0 to GMAC or USB3.0 to SATA.

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at Thu Jun 25, 2015 01:27
tony_zhang replied at Wed Jun 24, 2015 23:36
Becaus they have update the forum version, the previous url type can noe be used

Understandable. But for exactly these reasons web servers include URL rewrite engines. You modify the request dynamically with regular expressions before it even reaches the application layer (forum software).

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at Thu Jun 25, 2015 01:13
tony_zhang replied at Wed Jun 24, 2015 23:40
And from the i.MX6 datasheet, the temperature range has 3 level: comsumer, extend consumer, auto. The basic is -40-85, and middle is -40-105.

But there is a bit more on a board eg. DRAM?

Thx anyway for the useful insights into Actions' position now regarding open source (hopefully in the original meaning of the term). Time will tell...

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at Thu Jun 25, 2015 02:26
tony_zhang replied at Wed Jun 24, 2015 23:44
And I also talked with many other people about the sata, GMAC and USB3.0. ...

Well, there are more problems associated with.

1) Everyone is only talking about sequential tranfer speeds. But disk accesses suffer from other problems as well, namely latency and random accesses (therefore exist technologies like Native Command Queuing to better deal with multiple requests simultaneously). USB2.0 and most USB3.0 implementation simply suck in this area caused by lack of 2)

2) USB3.x has an optional feature called USB Attached SCSI. When this is implemented on both sides of the USB connection not only sequential transfer speeds increase heavily but also random I/O gets really faster. Unfortunately most people don't even know what this is (and therefore don't demand this feature from vendors)

3) USB has an optional feature called SCSI / ATA Translation. With this feature it's possible to query S.M.A.R.T. values from disks or trigger S.M.A.R.T. selftests. Very important if you want to keep an eye on drive health (some USB implementors have own standards for transporting S.M.A.R.T. over USB but relying on SAT is always the better choice).

So while disks connected to a consumer grade USB3.0 controller might look as fast as when connected via SATA (since people tend to only care about sequential speeds and 'measure' always with crappy tools like dd -- useless without appropriate parameters -- or hdparm -- useless in '-tT' mode since tampering disk speeds with RAM speeds) without the stuff mentioned above they will usually fail when it comes to random I/O and monitoring drive health.

tkaiser replied at Thu Jun 25, 2015 01:11
But there is a bit more on a board eg. DRAM?

Thx anyway for the useful insights into Actions' posi ...

I have told Freescale to do the temperature test, and we will release the report when the board can be availble for marketing. And LeMaker also will do the test.
I have also just finished a meetting with the Freescale guys 30 minutes ago.

tkaiser replied at Thu Jun 25, 2015 01:26
Well, there are more problems associated with.

1) Everyone is only talking about sequential tranfe ...

Thanks for the good information. I have send this to the Actions engineers.

tkaiser replied at Thu Jun 25, 2015 01:09
Understandable. But for exactly these reasons web servers include URL rewrite engines. You modify t ...

The forum url link problem seems has been fixed. You can test it.

But the wiki pages url can not be fixed, because I have move the old page to the new page without leave the re-direct in order to get more clear structure. That's is my fault. I have added a prefix to all the old Banana wiki pages.

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at Thu Jun 25, 2015 05:11
tony_zhang replied at Thu Jun 25, 2015 04:09
The forum url link problem seems has been fixed. You can test it.

But the wiki pages url can not  ...

Great, the search engine links with trailing hyphen do work now. Unfortunately internal links in older post still don't:

http://forum.lemaker.org/viewthread.php?tid=221
http://forum.lemaker.org/redirect.php?goto=findpost&ptid=897&pid=14667&fromuid=1602

Regarding Wiki, with the mediawiki engine all you need is to add redirects to the new at the old locations.

If you edit the old FAQ for Banana Pi/Pro using http://wiki.lemaker.org/index.php?title=FAQ&action=edit all that's needed there is

1. #REDIRECT [[BananaPro/Pi:FAQs|"BananaPro/Pi:FAQs"]]
Copy the Code

or maybe URL encoded instead:

1. #REDIRECT [[BananaPro/Pi%3aFAQs|"BananaPro/Pi:FAQs"]]
Copy the Code

Then search engine results will a) stay valid and b) update their links within the next few days/weeks.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules