Trouble

Is it dead?

11 2255
I have just received Banana PI from AliExpress.
As recommended, I connected a brand new power supply 5V/2A to USB power connector, pressed the power button, but there is no power LED light on, no signs of life at all. What indication can show me if the board is alive?
You have to have an SD card with an OS image in the sd socket for the BPi to boot.

I have bananian-1504 on SD card. WHen does the LED come up? when the kernel starts or even later?

mikronauts replied at Mon Jun 22, 2015 19:47
You have to have an SD card with an OS image in the sd socket for the BPi to boot.

No, at least, you may have the red led, isn't it ?

Are you confident with you power supply ?

destroyedlolo replied at Mon Jun 22, 2015 13:45
No, at least, you may have the red led, isn't it ?

Are you confident with you power supply ?

No lights at all. Press Power button - no reaction.
At first I have tried the power adapter of my cellpfone, 0.7A, it didn't work. Then I bought a brand new 2A adapter, no reaction. Thought cellphone is charging from both.

Bad USB power cable?

Can you measure the +5V on the GPIO connector?

mikronauts replied at Mon Jun 22, 2015 13:59
Bad USB power cable?

Can you measure the +5V on the GPIO connector?

Tried another cable, still no reaction.
Unfortunately I have no multimeter to measure +5V on GPIO.
I'm sure that both power supplies and cables work.

Do I have any chance to get refund or change the board?

You will have to ask the vendor you bought it from.

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at Mon Jun 22, 2015 16:20
starimacek replied at Mon Jun 22, 2015 14:15
I'm sure that both power supplies and cables work

And you're also sure you used the correct Micro-USB-connector to power the board (the one between SATA and SATA-pwr)?

The other Micro-USB-connector is 'USB OTG' and this one you can use to get a clue whether your board is DoA or not. When you remove the SD card then the Banana Pi (and every other A20 based device as well) will go into FEL mode (useable to flash the device via USB).

If you then supply power to the board using the 'USB OTG' Micro-USB port the red power LED has to be constantly on. Exception: All your USB cables are responsible for massive voltage drops so the PMU doesn't come up at all.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules