Discussion

When is LeMaker Guitar be open for public sales?

36 8227
That's an amazing thing.

Jeff  
I really fall in love with this wonderful Guitar

ryad replied at Mon Jul 13, 2015 02:26
I'm really curious about the new Guitar. Unfortunately it doesn't have a Gbit/s NIC anymore (and no  ...

It does have a USB3.0, we will design a base board for LeMaker Guitar which has a USB3.0-to-GMAC.
We will design different baseboard to satisfy different requirements.

Pasmith  
it should come with different motherboards to work, right?

tony_zhang replied at Thu Jul 16, 2015 00:04
It does have a USB3.0, we will design a base board for LeMaker Guitar which has a USB3.0-to-GMAC.  ...

Hi Tony,

I strongly recommend connecting the on-board USB3 to a four port USB3 hub for the new motherboard, then providing:

- Gigabit Nic
- SATA3
- two USB3 "A" female sockets

The two USB2 ports can just be brought out as-is to two USB2 "A" female sockets.

May as well bring out the 10/100 Ethernet interface from the SOC

and PLEASE bring out all possible SD/MMC channels!

mikronauts replied at Fri Jul 17, 2015 19:05
Hi Tony,

I strongly recommend connecting the on-board USB3 to a four port USB3 hub for the new mo ...

I have planned different mother boards with different kinds of feature.

ryad replied at Mon Jul 13, 2015 02:26
I'm really curious about the new Guitar. Unfortunately it doesn't have a Gbit/s NIC anymore (and no  ...

I was hoping the new units had gigabit and SATA considering how popular using these small boards for home servers is, maybe there will be an add on board for it. Tony can you confirm this?

blindpet replied at Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:17
I was hoping the new units had gigabit and SATA considering how popular using these small boards f ...

We designed 4 different base board for LeMaker Guitar core board. One of them have USB3.0 to GMAC and other 2USB3.0 port, we can use a USB3.0 to SATA cable to connect SATA hard disk.

tkaiser  
Which chipset do you use for Ethernet on the base board?

BTW: I recently learned that even only USB 2.0 capable SoCs like the A20 are UAS capable when running Mainline kernel and the right kernel config (and throughput increases automagically when an appropriate USB-to-SATa bridge will be used): I put informations as well as test results (that apply to Banana Pi and other A20 based boards) online: http://linux-sunxi.org/USB/UAS

So the question is: Which kernel version is supported by S500 from the beginning? Mainline or outdated ones like it's the situation with Allwinner? When using USB 3.0 using BOT or UASP will show larger differences than on A20.

horty  
will you be releasing the schematics of the base board so people can design their own?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules