Discussion

Mali GPU driver

131 97924
Juni  
Reply 20# nnn2
Aahhh... the normal xbmc sources does not have support voor mali gpu, thats why you will have to use the xbmca10 sources... I have successfully build those sources. The only problem I had was with to includes in two files. But I dont remember the names... The problem I had was because I was using the newer samba I had to change the includes from samba/samba.h to samba4.0/samba.h. maybe you will not get stuck on that because you are using an older debian version. I had the problem with ubuntu trusty. But as soon as I get to that point again and if you still stuck with compiling it I will gladly help.

nnn2  
Post Last Edited by nnn2 at 2014-7-24 19:28

Reply 21# Juni

Can you please share the configure line? And how did you compile? ./bootstrap then ./configure ... then make ?
I had a couple problems with errors like:

1. error: ‘class CLinuxRendererGLES’ has no member named ‘AddProcessor’
Copy the Code

but managed to fix by editing Makefile and adding -DALLWINNER10 to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS. So far it's still running

Hi!

Thank for the IMG.

I tested it yesterday, hardware divedo decoding works fine, i played a 1080p video with no problem, no deep testing because it was late nigth.

I´m now at worck so i can´t do more testing , i´ll report some test this nigth. And some littel problems with the sistem.

I´ll also try to compile XBMC

Regards
Alex

Juni  
Post Last Edited by Juni at 2014-7-25 02:34

Reply 22# nnn2

I used the following post to build the xbmca10 sources:http://linux-sunxi.org/XBMC

If you use the above guide you dont have to add those compiler flags because they are already included, look at https://github.com/rellla/xbmca1 ... /depends/depends.mk

Did you make any progress? I'm now starting with the build process..

I installed XBMC from lubuntu's repository and it will boot. But it has a major lag that makes navigation and usage impossible.

Thanks for compiling the video driver. I'm going to test this out.

Juni  
Reply 24# Juni

Hi guys i have successfully compiled the xbmca10 sources on the nnn2 image... It compiled rights away but because i'm not home at this moment and was compliling it remotely i can not test to verify that xbmc is actually working. As soon as i get home i will update you guys on this....

This is one of the most exciting things to see happening in a while.
Yahoo!!

Juni  
Reply 27# ChicagoBob

Hi guys,

I just got home, and have wonderfull news, xbmc is working on the nnn2 image. I did test fully tested it but I can configurm that xbmc starts. I will try to stream something in a few minutes and let you guys know if HWA is working!!!

Juni  
Reply 28# Juni

XBMC is working very well only one problem, when streaming a 1080p video from mashup the video starts but the screen if black, I can see the progress bar moving and the fanart, also when pressing the o button to display the codecinfo I can see it, but the screen stays black. The codec info show dc:A10 so I guess HWA is working. Further more it streams at 9.54 fps and both cpu's spikes between 5% and 18%.

Beeing that said, the xbmc user experience is very pleasant, better than RPi. It is a lot smoother and reacts very fast.

What I will try next is to try fixing the black screen issue and have xbmc start without running x-server.

nnn2  
Why didn't it work for me then :F

I tried ./bootstrap ./configure and manually editing Makefile ... it did work in the end, but produced xbmc.bin didn't.

You compiled it by going to tools/a10/depends, make, then make -C xbmc ?
You did it on the board itself?

Anyway, share the goodies please. And did you try using mplayer as external player?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules