Post Last Edited by nnn2 at 2014-7-26 16:12 |
Guys, I know the xbmc is the ultimate target and player we want. But in the meantime, what if we made a simple and WORKING interface that will launch mplayer? I was thinking of going this route now, and have:
- automatic mount for pendrive/usb disk/sata disk if connected
- configure the IR device (simple dialog asking for keypresses) - my system image actually has a utility that maps "keyboard" presses from IR device, and my script.bin also has IR enabled. Just needs to be used.
- simple interface to add NFS/SMB/other network resources
- index all found sources (as above), maybe plug to imdb to get proper names (strip out torrenting group etc ;)), plot, rating, cover etc.
- display list in nice form, in simple, fullscreen app
- start the mplayer in fullscreen
What do you think? Would it be worth pursuing for now? Seeing as all we have now is half-assed xbmc port, of outdated version at that, and that doesn't even work ;)
Edit: HOOOLD OOOONNNNNNN a moment, I have another idea. Popcorn Time! In short, it's a program that has a list of all movies released on torrents, in any quality, and can automatically download & play it, as well as has nice cover, plot, rating etc. And it's really nice looking.
I think I'll let you play with the hell of xbmc, and I'll take something more sane for fun ^^