Other OS

New version image OpenMediaVault for Banana Pi and PRO

8 4402
cyryllo  
Released new images OpenMediaVault system for building your own NAS. Images based on Bananian system.
Image has installed OMV version 2.1, and additional repositories of plugins omv-extras.org.
From this version, the system will have the support of an update.

By default, the plugin is installed MemoryFlesh so that when you turn on and set them system logs are stored in RAM.

Image can download from http://simplenas.com

News in OMV 2.1:
  • Using Sencha ExtJS 5.1.1 framework for the WebGUI
  • Add a new dashboard and widgets
  • Many internal improvements and bugfixes
  • Improved the internal network interface backend
  • Add Wi-Fi support. Only WPA & WPA2 is supported
  • Add VLAN support
  • The network interface configuration page has been modified. Now only the configuration values are displayed. Use the dashboard widget to show the state of all network interfaces.
  • The public key of the user must now be specified in the RFC 4716 SSH public key file format. It is possible to add multiple keys.
  • Option to turn off the collection of system performance statistics.
  • Use the browser local storage to store the WebGUI state (e.g. displayed grid columns, column width, …) instead of cookies.

Good news!!!

madwyn  
Thank you, I've tried this and upgraded OVM to 2.1.4 with no problem.

I found that the aria2 in the downloader plugin doesn't really work which annoys me, also transmission is slow and gets me corrupted files.

Maybe it's better to just use NFS and aria2 to build from scratch.

cyryllo  
madwyn replied at Wed Jul 29, 2015 01:50
Thank you, I've tried this and upgraded OVM to 2.1.4 with no problem.

I found that the aria2 in the ...

Report problem on OMV forum.

Comments

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying your images now, I like your work.  Post time Jul 31, 2015 01:15

WolfIce  
Hi, I have made new instalation of the OMV new release:
    Version: 2.2.1
    Release date: 4.03.2016
    MD5: 08FC838BA0FEFBB317842D56A1146E54
    Kernel: 3.4.108
However I was not able to login using web GUI on "admin" account with "openmediavault" as a password. I was receiving error that user or password is wrong. I was able to connect via SSH on "root" user and "openmediavault" password and there I've change the password for the "admin" and was able to connect via GUI. So my question is: Do I need to do something before login as admin on GUI/URL for the first time, as I am 100% sure that the password I've entered was correct (as shown on http://simplenas.com/download/banana-pi-m1)

WolfIce  
Edited by WolfIce at Mar 17, 2016 06:23

Same text posted twice - sorry

cyryllo  
WolfIce replied at Mar 17, 2016 13:14
Hi, I have made new instalation of the OMV new release:
    Version: 2.2.1
    Release date: 4.03.20 ...

Clear browsing data or use another

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules