Bananian

Restore Systemd on Bananian 15.08

22 3817
Hi Guys, I've just upgraded to Bananian 15.08 but when I was asked if I wanted to stay with systemd or get back to SysVinit, I choose the SysVIni option...

I did it without thinking too much and that was dumb because in the past days I've made some work to get all my apps start with systemd scripts.

Is there any chance to get back to systemd on 15.08 without reloading a 15.04 backup and then do the upgrade in the way that suits me?

Thanks everyone!
simply delete /etc/apt/preference.d/systemd and install the package

ok I can understand the part where I have to delete a file but which package should I install?

Also, is not clear to me why I should delete "systemd" file if I want to restore systemd

is /etc/apt/preference.d/systemd a blacklist file to avoid the download of systemd package?

If yes, how do I disable sysvinit once Systemd is restored?

Thanks again for the support

Ok, a bit more detailled and with some background information:
/etc/apt/preferences.d/systemd was introduced with 15.08 to prevent apt from installing any systemd like packages in the future. You have to remove it to be able to install systemd again. Similar to a blacklist, yes.

The package is "systemd" (suprise!) ;)

After reboot it should be safe to remove the sysvinit package.

Bananian replied at Tue Aug 25, 2015 01:10
Ok, a bit more detailled and with some background information:
/etc/apt/preferences.d/systemd was in ...

Thanks a lot for the precious answer Bananian, now it's all clear, I'll try your advice and I'll get back here in case of issues.
Last question: is there any Bananian configuration that will disable systemd again with the next upgrades automatically, based on my choice with 15.08 or I will be safe to upgrade next time?

thanks again!

Ok, I was able to install systemd and remove sysvinit but I still can't start services.

When I use systemctl I get this error:

1. giulio@BANANA-JESSIE:~$ sudo systemctl start sickrage.service
  2. Failed to get D-Bus connection: Unknown error -1
  3. giulio@BANANA-JESSIE:~$
Copy the Code

and it seems that my system isn't starting correctly with systemd:

1. giulio@BANANA-JESSIE:~$ ps -p 1 -o comm=
  2. init
  3. giulio@BANANA-JESSIE:~$
Copy the Code

Is there a way I can fix it?

Thanks!

Ok Fixed it installing systemd-sysv

thanks again for the help!

We won't disable systemd with any update in the future. It is absolutely no problem to run Bananian with systemd instead of SysVInit.

And bananian-update asks you whether to remove systemd or not when upgrading from 15.04. It is your choice!

Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

wty123  
coach factory, nfl bills jerseys, coach factory outlet, mcm bags, dansko shoes outlet, coach factory outlet, new orleans pelicans jerseys, nike shoes, hollister co, vans shoes, true religion jeans outlet, nike air, nike mercurial, nfl saints jerseys, nike air max, adidas online shop, north face, marc jacobs handbags, flat iron, oakley pas cher, michael kors handbags, northface, christian louboutin, minnesota timberwolves jerseys, washington wizards jerseys, michael kors outlet online, hilfiger outlet, oakley sunglasses, puma online shop, coach bags friday, nike roshe run, burberry outlet online, hermes birkin, iphone 5s cases, tommy hilfiger canada, oakley holbrook, purses and handbags, nike roshe run, burberry handbags, ray-ban sunglasses, juicy couture handbags, christian louboutin, pandora bracelet, nfl falcons jerseys, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors handbags, spurs jerseys, nfl titans jerseys, hermes tracksuits, chrome hearts clothings, mcm backpack, true religion jeans outlet, red bottom shoes, michael kors outlet online, shoes outlet, versace, ralph lauren outlet online, louboutin shoes, true religion, ray ban prezzi, nuggets jersey, nfl jets jerseys, skechers shoes outlet, supra shoes, tommy hilfiger outlet, coach shop factory, ralph lauren, uhren shop, ralph lauren, coach factory outlet, cheap ray ban, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online, air max, bcbg max azria, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren factory store, oakley, air jordan retro, nike free, asics gel, ralph lauren outlet, iphone 4s cases, babyliss flat iron, rolex watch, nike store, ralph lauren, celine outlet, cheap jordans, polo ralph, nike outlet, air max, nba jersey, coach outlet, michael kors purses, nfl ravens jerseys, nfl steelers jerseys, jordans, polo ralph, huarache, nfl packers jerseys, nfl vikings jerseys, juicy couture clothings, true religion jeans women, polo ralph lauren outlet, asics, nike roshe run, thomas sabo, nike roche, birkenstock taschen deutschland, new balance, oakley sunglasses cheap, air max 95, longchamp, tommy hilfiger online, new balance shoes,

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules