Post Last Edited by Shaka_Flex at 2014-8-3 04:20 |
I haven't got Mame4all working, but I have AdvanceMame working. If you can find an older version of mame4all like the version's used in the raspberry pi then I think it can compile and work.
This is what I did and if you know a better way please post it.
My sources.list looks like this.
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
This will install the needed programs to run advance mame and compile it. Copy the Code
- deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
- deb-src http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
- deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
- deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
- deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-updates main contrib non-free
- deb-src http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-updates main contrib non-free
- deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main
Get the source Copy the Code
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get upgrade
- sudo apt-get install lxde xorg python geany
- sudo apt-get install build-essential libgtk2.0-dev libgnome2-dev libsdl1.2-dev
- sudo apt-get install libxv-dev libxv1
Un-Tar the source Copy the Code
- wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/advancemame/files/advancemame/0.106.1/advancemame-0.106.1.tar.gz
You need to make sure your using gcc-4.6 and g++-4.6 to compile you can have 4.6 and 4.7 installed normaly if you did nothing to the system it will be 4.6. Copy the Code
- tar -zxvf advancemame-0.106.1.tar.gz
- cd advancemame-0.106.1
Set the compiler version in terminal.
Make will take a long time = hours!make sure you have folders and config file in ~/.advance Copy the Code
- export CC=gcc-4.6
- export CXX=g++-4.6
to get everything to run smoother in desktop I played with this setting of advance mame "sync_speed 0.45"
You can do what I did and install both of these and test it or just one. I think the compiled version ran a little better but thats really not saying much since they ran slow from the start.
RaspberryPi compiled advance mame - works on Banana Pi
This may not be needed but doesn't hurt if you did do it. The fb video driver can be used Copy the Code
- wget http://sheasilverman.com/rpi/raspbian/debs/advancemame-raspberrypi_1-1_armhf.deb
- sudo dpkg -i advancemame-raspberrypi_1-1_armhf.deb
in console mode if you can get mame working in console mode with fb. I came close to getting it working but had a problem with the advance mame setting device_video_clock. Good luck!
After that, you have to allow the user "banana" to get access to the framebuffer:-
$ sudo nano /etc/udev/my-rules.d/framebuffer.rules
Then put a line in it like this
KERNEL=="fb0", OWNER="root", MODE="0660"
and add banana to the video group
$ sudo chmod 777 /dev/fb0
$ sudo usermod -a -G video banana
Some links that made this happen
http://blog.sheasilverman.com/20 ... me-debs-with-sound/
http://1337technophile.blogspot. ... ompile-advmame.html