Add-ons

Razberry card for zwave

11 7640
Rom1  
Hi,

Did anyone try installing a razberry (z-wave card) or enocean for pi in a banana pi?

I would like to use my pi to replace my domotic box. The dual core cpu is very insteresting to support the scenario engine with many devices ( http, zwave, rfxcom, ..)
I am following a french project named Jeedom.  For now, this software supports only the razberry card.

Thanks
I'm currently running the rzaberry card on a R-Pi for some months. Just this week, I bought the Banana Pi and another razberry card to try and make this combination work as well.

So far, it's not just a matter of plugging it on and installing the software, as the 'z-way' software doesn't seem to start. I'll be investigating later, depending on the amount of time I have available.

I've just succesfully started the Z-Way software on the Banana Pi with the Razberry card.

The trick (for me) was to make sure the software is using /dev/ttyS2 as the serial port location for the Razberry card.

From here on, I can use the Z-Way software without issues, although I haven't included any new devices yet. But not expecting any problems from here on.

Good luck!

flowent  
Hi,

Do you have try to connect a RFXCOM, too ?

Reply 3# avdleeuw

Could you paste some pictures here?

harriew  
avdleeuw replied at Tue Jul 29, 2014 01:37
I've just succesfully started the Z-Way software on the Banana Pi with the Razberry card.

The tric ...

Hi,

how did you manage to get it working on /dev/ttyS2?
I did change the port settings in /opt/z-way-server/automation/modules/ZWave/module.json and /opt/z-way-server/automation/updateBackendConfig.js, but that does not fix the problem that I keep getting (at the end of the loading of ZWave)
[C] [i/o] Failed to open device: No such file or directory
[E] [zway] SaveData will not save data since it wasn't loaded. This is to prevent data loss.
[I] [core] Notification: critical (z-wave): Can not start Z-Wave binding: Error: Invalid port

Tried minicom to connect to /dev/ttyS2, not getting any response there either - do I need to set speed somewhere?

Hi,

Did you solve your problem? because I have the same thing.

After installing the Z-Wave controller software, the contents of my /opt/z-way-server/config.xml file is:

<config>
     <automation-dir>automation</automation-dir>
     <log-file>/var/log/z-way-server.log</log-file>
     <log-level>0</log-level>
     <debug-port></debug-port>
</config>

And in the logs, I retouvre the same error :

[I] [core] --- Starting Z-Wave Module binding
[C] [i / o] Failed to open device: No such file or directory
[E] [Zway] SaveData won't save data since It Was not loaded. This is to prevent prevention data loss.
[I] [core] Notification: critical (z-wave): Can not start Z-Wave binding: Error: Invalid Port

I modified with /dev/ttyS2 the same files as you, I even modified config.xml like this:

<config>
     <device>/dev/ttyS2</device>
     <port>8083</port>
     <automation-dir>automation</automation-dir>
     <log-file>/var/log/z-way-server.log</log-file>
     <log-level>0</log-level>
</config>

But I still have the same errors in the log file. I wonder if the Razberry card is seen by the system (Raspbian_For_BananaPi_v1412 + apt-get update and dist-upgrade)

How to be sure that the card is discovered by the system?
and how to know how the card is associated TTY?

Thank you in advance for your help

Hello,

I found the solution to my problem.

In fact, just follow:

Go to http://yourip:8083/z-way-ha/ => preferences => Automation => Z-wave binding     and put the right port here (eg. ttyS2 for bananapi).

Note : With razberry software version 2.0, you must not modify the config.xml. Just use the HA UI

Hi,
I have the same issue: Banana Pi Pro with Bananian OS and the Razberry Hardware Addon.
I installed the z-way software without any issues and could start the server and open the localhost:8083.

My problem is that the /expert website says "Error handling data from server".
Also the localhost:8083/z-way-ha/ says "404 Not Found"

Here is the log file:
[2015-12-09 07:49:01.033] [C] [i/o] Failed to open device /dev/ttyAMA0: No such file or directory
[2015-12-09 07:49:01.033] [E] [zway] SaveData will not save data since it wasn't loaded. This is to prevent data loss.
[2015-12-09 07:49:01.064] [I] [core] Notification: critical (z-wave): Cannot start Z-Wave binding: Error: Invalid port
[2015-12-09 07:49:01.066] [I] [core] Starting automation...
[2015-12-09 07:49:01.112] [I] [core] Starting storage...
[2015-12-09 07:49:01.116] [I] [core] ZWay Automation started

I tried to change the ttyAMA0 to ttyS2 in the config.xml but it did not work. It tries to open the ttyAMA0.

Does someone have any idea how to change the serial port without the hardware config gui?

Thank you in advance.

arnoldpycho replied at Dec 09, 2015 03:06
Hi,
I have the same issue: Banana Pi Pro with Bananian OS and the Razberry Hardware Addon.
I install ...

Hi,
Same issue here:
http://localhost:8083/z-way-ha/
does not exist anymore. Must be some recent change to the software.
Is there a way to change default /dev/ttyAMA0 to /dev/ttyACM0?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules