Mupen64 & SuperN64 emulators - Don't load

11 5659
deenbee  
Mupen64 & SuperN64 emulator don't work on banana pi
Somebody can fix this error?
dlanor  
In what way do they fail ?
Is it during operation/launch of each emulator, or is it the app install that fails ?

Best regards: dlanor

deenbee  
I install the app perfect and the open the main screen is ok, but the load to 100% I see an error message.

here direct links to install via .apk

http://mupen64-plus-ae.uptodown.com/android
http://supern64.uptodown.com/android

try for see the message now dont remember exactly the error message

dlanor  
I will not download 'liberated' apps of what I know to be paid apps at Google Play.
Not so much for the piracy issue, as for the risk of security tampering in such apps.
But I will download the free (non-Pro) versions of those emulators at Google Play for testing.

I'll let you know my results with those emulator versions later.

deenbee  
Post Last Edited by deenbee at 2014-7-28 21:42

I have some problems with google play, in some times the windows is closed automatic, i dont know that problem, I have SD card Class 4 maybe is the problem I don't know, the Ethernet port don't work 100% with my fully internet bandwith, work some seconds and stop the blue led and in two or three seconds work again the blue led, I don't know the internet is slow, I think is the SD card is very slow to load the data.
I try using Lubuntu also the Ethernet port don't work 100% with my speed.

dlanor  
Post Last Edited by deenbee at 2014-7-28 21:42

I have some problems with google play, in some times the windows is closed automatic, i dont know that problem, I have SD card Class 4 maybe is the problem I don't know, the Ethernet port don't work 100% with my fully internet bandwith, work some seconds and stop the blue led and in two or three seconds work again the blue led, I don't know the internet is slow, I think is the SD card is very slow to load the data.
I try using Lubuntu also the Ethernet port don't work 100% with my speed.
deenbee Posted at 2014-7-28 21:39

I'm fairly sure that the majority of your problems are due to the Class 4 card. It's not just a matter of the read accesses being slower, but also a risk of data corruption when writing to the card at high speed. On the Raspberry Pi we've always needed class 10 SD cards in order to safely overclock that single-core CPU to 1GHz. Lower class SD cards were prone to corruption at that speed. Now the Banana Pi uses that kind of speed even when not overclocked, and it does so with two CPU cores. So I would never consider using a card of lower class than 10 for the Banana Pi.

For me the Google Play store works 100% reliably. The Ethernet speed never reaches the full bandwidth though, but that is true even with my real computers (my ISP bandwidth is 100Mbps). And for a very busy server like Google Play it is their site which is responsible for much of the slowdowns.

Getting back to the main topic of this thread; I have now tested the free versions of both those emulators as downloaded from Google Play. Both of them work without errors for launching and then loading and running "Super Mario 64". I haven't really played the game, but only let it run a minute or so into the intro after starting a new game. Those two emulators are almost identical except for the app icon !!!
They even use exactly the same phrasing of the strings in their nearly identical menus. There were a few graphical differencies in the initial splash screen and the very first menu (where you just choose between opening browser to a help text or entering the emulator), but apart from them it is clear that either one of them has ripped off the other, or else both have ripped off an older design. There is no other explanation for the two programs being so word-for-word identical in some of the menu design.

Anyway, I had no problems at all in any of these tests, so if the 'full-version' emulator apps you tried are constantly crashing like you said earlier then something is very wrong. Either it is your class 4 card that is messing them up somehow, or else those are suspicious apps, hacked in some unsafe manner. (Bad cracking methods or malware ?)

deenbee  
Post Last Edited by deenbee at 2014-7-29 10:37

The Ethernet port not work 100% correctly in any site, youtube, google play, downloads etc, in Lubuntu have the same problem I thinks is the SD card.

Now the apk I show you are freeware in this case no need find a crack way for now just need install the app.

In some games installed no work the click, I press left mouse click but the games don't start, in others games work perfect.

But need change the SD to tell if work ok the google play for now work slow the internet port.
Now I am waiting some weeks to get the SD Class 10

I played Mario Kart in Android on the PI so I think the emulator is working OK. I too have a class 10 card though.

Does anyone know why the network would be bottle necked by the SD card? That doesnt make sense. Or is it the data the Pi is trying to save to the card?

dlanor  
Post Last Edited by deenbee at 2014-7-29 10:37

The Ethernet port not work 100% correctly in any site, youtube, google play, downloads etc, in Lubuntu have the same problem I thinks is the SD card.
deenbee Posted at 2014-7-29 10:36
Networking being unreliable everywhere, like you describe, is a strong indication that you need a better SD card.

Now the apk I show you are freeware in this case no need find a crack way for now just need install the app.
Their 'freeware' nature is not something I really care about either way. What I do care about is the fact that the site you linked to lies about it.

They claim to have 'Free' versions which are also 'Full' or 'Pro' versions, whereas the 'Pro' versions really are payware, not freeware. When a site lies about something like that it usually means that they've hacked the software, either just to 'liberate' it, or else to install malware. I'm not saying that I know either one to be true in this case, but I consider it suspicious enough to not download those versions. In fact I wouldn't even enable scripts on those web page (so I had to struggle with reading them in Spanish (I think it was... ;) )).
Again: I don't really care about the piracy issue, but I won't trust sites who lie like that, or trust their software.

In some games installed no work the click, I press left mouse click but the games don't start, in others games work perfect.
That could be a problem with the emulation of that game (some are not compatible with emulators), or there could be a problem with the 'ROM' file format of some games.

But need change the SD to tell if work ok the google play for now work slow the internet port.
Now I am waiting some weeks to get the SD Class 10
That will probably make a big difference, so let's put this discussion on hold until you've tried it.

----- Switch of reply target -----

I played Mario Kart in Android on the PI so I think the emulator is working OK. I too have a class 10 card though.

Does anyone know why the network would be bottle necked by the SD card? That doesnt make sense. Or is it the data the Pi is trying to save to the card?
ChicagoBob Posted at 2014-7-29 10:44
Perhaps a simile will explain that best.

Consider taking a modern computer, with a fast efficient 7200 rpm 1TB SATA HDD, and then replacing its hard disk with an old 20 GB HDD having been in use for 10 years, with an obsolete PATA interface using the low-end DMA modes, and beginning to show physical wearing out of parts of its magnetic surface, so that write operations are chancy. That's a functional equivalent of using a Class 4 SD card in hardware that needs a Class 10 SD card. (Perhaps a bit exaggerated, but not by much...)

And remember that writing to the SD card is something that happens in small scale all the time, not just when you're consciously storing a file on it, but as part of the ongoing operations of the operating system. It works pretty  much like a modern OS on a real computer, because in essence that's what it is. Even Android is based on Linux, and even when you don't feel that the system is doing anything much there's a lot of background activity with service routines etc.

As for the networking effect, it's pretty obvious that most networking software, certainly both Google Play Store and normal web browsers, will be using SD card for caching purposes, and with that cache access slowed down everything else will be affected by it. And any data corruption will of course make the network software behave erratically, like deenbee describes.

deenbee  

In this case I talkin about native android games, some games don't work the left click just see the main menu but no work.

Another question

Can boot the Operative system from SATA port using a 2.5" HardDrive ?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules