I just finished my new NAS build project based on banana pi.
It took a long time to find the right components and make it possible to fit everything to the enclosure,so i want to show you, how it was made.
so here are the components:
- Banana pi
- 1TB 3.5" HDD
- Step down converter from 12V to 5V http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Power-Output-1-23V-30V-DC-DC-Buck-Converter-Step-Down-Module-LM2596-Best-Selling/32263989083.html
- Network enclosure http://www.aliexpress.com/item/network-switch-cabinets-for-network-enclosures/337106318.html
- Illuminated push button http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-Angel-Eye-Metal-LED-illuminated-Momentary-16mm-Push-Button-Switch-Car-Dash-12V/32333369261.html
- Adapter DC, 12V, 40W
- and some cables
... and someone tried to help me
- script for automatic spindown after 30min HDD inactivity
- script for front button with 2 functions (short push - reboot, long push - shutdown)
Power compsuption (measured with DC adapter):
4W - HDD spindown state
10W - HDD active state
I used a DC adapter, which i bought from ebay, but these low-cost adapters has very poor efficiency, so if you buy better one, you can reduce the power consumption by 2-3W less.
The transfer speed are typical for banana pi, via SMB server (1GB file) read about 35MB/s and write about 25MB/s.