Other OS

Manjaro for Guitar

5 1311
deenbee  
Hi again,

I like to see a Manjaro linux release for Guitar, Manjaro is one best OS based in Arch, the interface is very cool like xfce desktop release, in my old forum post also I talk about Manjaron for Banana Pi but today the hardware of guitar is very most powerfull than the classic BPi release.

Thank you guys hope to see a great developer to do it my dreams and ours dreams
hnsncxy  
I like to see a Manjaro linux release for Guitar, Manjaro is one best OS based in Arch, the interface is very cool like xfce desktop release, in my old forum post also I talk about Manjaron for Banana Pi but today the hardware of guitar is very most powerfull than the classic BPi release.
Hi, Deenbee
We will release the tutorial which  tell you to make OS image that can work well on the Guitar in this month, Then you can try to port the Manjaro linux to the LeMaker Guitar.
Thanks

deenbee  
hnsncxy replied at Thu Oct 8, 2015 07:53
Hi, Deenbee
We will release the tutorial which  tell you to make OS image that can work well on the  ...

Very interesting your words, I am not a software developer but I like to make personal linux images for Guitar.

tkaiser  
Good luck with Manjaro which only supports 2 CPU architectures (both way more powerful than ARMv7) using cloned Arch repositories: i686 and x86_64.

@hnsncxy: By simply following these simple steps outlined here http://www.bananapi.com/index.ph ... tested?limitstart=0 you should be able to immediately release an OS image based on Arch linux for the armv7h architecture. All the other stuff deenbee likes on Manjaro should be installable within Arch Linux (except of the 'feeling' you get running a distro that is pretty fast on x86 on an ultra slow Guitar)

hnsncxy  
Thanks for your link, we have already planned  to port the Arch Linux to Guitar, Could be released in November.

deenbee  
hnsncxy replied at Fri Oct 9, 2015 07:10
Thanks for your link, we have already planned  to port the Arch Linux to Guitar, Could be released i ...

Great news !

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules