Other

Technical Guitar Review

43 3798
finger  
Edited by finger at Fri Oct 9, 2015 12:30
fritz replied at Fri Oct 9, 2015 10:43
If you need sources:
https://github.com/xapp-le
its not the same board but the same SOC  ;)

Thank you fritz,
Nice info, good to see they are finally appearing...
finger

ps: it took half of the time of a build for A20, or is missing drivers or it is lean and mean.

tkaiser  
hnsncxy replied at Fri Oct 9, 2015 10:36
Thanks for your review and feedback, we will provide 1.3G CPU frequency to you in the next system i ...

Thx, I already knew how to check the frequencies available (remember? LeMaker's cpufreq wiki article is partially just copy&paste from stuff I wrote in the linux-sunxi wiki)

Fortunately Fritz posted a link to U-boot and kernel sources for the S500 therefore now we can help ourselves and don't have to wait for Actions Semi's SDK to be released. And now since Actions Semi's violations of other's IP are already public why don't you immediately release the SDK so that we can start improving the software?

finger  
tkaiser replied at Fri Oct 9, 2015 14:19
Thx, I already knew how to check the frequencies available (remember? LeMaker's cpufreq wiki artic ...

SDK is only linux (core), no debian,ubuntu,etc..

tkaiser  
finger replied at Fri Oct 9, 2015 14:26
SDK is only linux (core), no debian,ubuntu,etc..

That's perfectly OK. We need U-Boot and kernel sources, everything else exists already. Replacing a rootfs is easy

finger  
Edited by finger at Fri Oct 9, 2015 15:16
tkaiser replied at Fri Oct 9, 2015 14:29
That's perfectly OK. We need U-Boot and kernel sources, everything else exists already. Replacing  ...

You are right, but i mean, no GPU user space, no blobs, i am not an expert.. but i guess no GPL violentions with core.
Nothing relevant, useless code for me... kernel/arch/arm/boot/dts/lemaker_guitar_linux.dts, wainting for the real SDK.

fritz replied at Fri Oct 9, 2015 10:43
If you need sources:
https://github.com/xapp-le
its not the same board but the same SOC  ;)

This is the original one from Actions, it has something we do not like it, such as the kernel has some define paramter relative to root file system.
We hope to clear it and improve something, and then publish a source code is more clean.

The temperature read from PMU is about 10 degree higher than the SoC surface temperature.

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at Sat Oct 10, 2015 06:38
tony_zhang replied at Fri Oct 9, 2015 23:09
The temperature read from PMU is about 10 degree higher than the SoC surface temperature.

Sorry, I don't understand the meaning? The values your Lemuntu image reports through sysfs are the other way around. SoC's temperatures always way above the PMU's.

Anyway. I'm done with the Guitar since USB 3.0 can be considered broken right now (Peter just said that only specific USB3-OTG cables can be used to connect to USB3 peripherals and the specs will be released next week. WTF?).

Today I added some words to power supply/consumption/delivery and a final statement given the state of support (I still don't get it why such an important information which cable to use to connect to peripherals is being held back and will be released two weeks after you ship samples for review?!)

http://forum.armbian.com/index.p ... of-lemakers-guitar/

tkaiser  
tkaiser replied at Sat Oct 10, 2015 06:36
Sorry, I don't understand the meaning? The values your Lemuntu image reports through sysfs are the  ...

I compiled the Actions Semi kernel on my own and modified drivers/cpufreq/*-cpufreq.c to be able to use 1.3 GHz. Performance numbers and warnings (consider this stuff an ugly hack unless LeMaker officially confirms that the board/SoC is designed to be operated stable at 1.3 GHz and provides kernel sources!) available at the bottom of my review: http://forum.armbian.com/index.p ... of-lemakers-guitar/

In the meantime I made also some bar diagrams for some of the more relevant performance tests but refuse to replace the Guitar's results with 1.1 GHz with the 1.3 GHz ones due to the aforementioned reasons .

tkaiser replied at Sat Oct 10, 2015 06:36
Sorry, I don't understand the meaning? The values your Lemuntu image reports through sysfs are the  ...

Because there are 2 different USB3.0 cable pin definition in the marketing, so maybe you will but the right one or the wrong one from the market. Peter will write a wiki to explain what kind of USB3.0 cable should we buy. Because in our test, we bought many USB3.0 cable from the marketing, especially the USB3.0 OTG cable, we found different cable may have different pin definition.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules