Android v1611 Released

40 4066
okmiim replied at Jun 23, 2016 14:46
Hi,
there is a small copy-paste error.

Thanks for your feedback.

Has the Android Kernal been updated for USB Audio and or using USB DAC Board for better audio?

Can it please be added if not?

Thanks,
Kevin

Is there a way to upgrade from 1601 to 1606 (SD Card) without having to completely start over? A way that I won't lose all the installed programs and data?

Edited by sghazagh at Oct 01, 2016 22:29

Yes there is.
You can specifically load partition you want.
Android creates different partitions like, system , data, cache, recovery,...
all your installed application have installed in "data" partition.
I am not going through detail.
Just search for fastboot and see how it works with your connected device through USB cable.
Then get backup of your data partition, Install the new image and restore the created image from your data partition after that.

In this way, you have restored your data partition which has all your apps.

Another way is to install Titanium backup on your existing Android. Make a backup and restore it with
Titanium backup again after you have the new Android installed.

Hope it helps

The download file available for the SD card is wrong?? It's a .fw file not an .img file??

Android V1606 Not installing on my board, but others will! Does anybody check these?

KevinRoach replied at Oct 04, 2016 17:18
Android V1606 Not installing on my board, but others will! Does anybody check these?

The image is corrupted.. and you will get no support..  
I informed them, but no response..  The mess up allt he time with the images .fw images for SD that's wrong..

/Martijn

Yeah I should have got a different board! I can't stand piss poor companies that take your money and provide no support. I think I am going to move over to Odroid and what I should have got in the first place. I thought this was a good deal, but not worth the headaches and no support.

They need to get their shit together and support what they have instead of coming out with new boards or just drop what their not going to support!

gtrmotorc7 replied at Oct 03, 2016 18:20
The download file available for the SD card is wrong?? It's a .fw file not an .img file??

For Android, the SD card image is also .fw file, you still need to use the Acrions FW falsh toold to flash it just like flash emmc.
You need insert the sd card on the Guitar, and connection guitar to PC, then use flash tool to flash.

mkootstra replied at Oct 05, 2016 01:04
The image is corrupted.. and you will get no support..  
I informed them, but no response..  The m ...

I have just download the Android image just few minutes ago, Android SD v1606 is worked.
Android image for SD is also a .fw file, you need insert SD card into Guitar,and flash it like you flash emmc.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules