Discussion

read/write speed of a HDD through Guitar USB3.0 Micro-B Receptacle

24 4320
tkaiser  
bprpcb replied at Tue Nov 3, 2015 10:15
Test speed data from this post,USB3.0 Host mode on the Guitar is Ok. Although the read/write spee ...

Ok, let's stop this whole useless discussion: https://www.quora.com/What-is-th ... -micro-B-connectors

And yes, I also believe the measured numbers in MB/s. But I tried to point out that both tests are useless as well as results are without any significance since if you get 100 MB/s with an SSD capable of 540 MB/s then who is to blame for? The USB-to-SATA bridge used? The customized cable violating USB's electrical requirements and therefore generating huge amounts of retransmits? The host's USB implementation? The whole test setup is inappropriate therefore results have no significance. They only waste their and our time with stuff like that!

cxy  
Edited by cxy at Wed Nov 4, 2015 02:50
tkaiser replied at Tue Nov 3, 2015 08:30
Sorry? USB3.0 performance 'very good'?

Since noone outside LeMaker is able to test USB3.0 since t ...

Sorry for your reply, and i can't get any useful information to me.  As i said before, i need to consider the speed and cost, and i want to buy it now.  I hope you can recommend me the board which can exceed the Guitar in the storage. Finally you just give me a useless links, don't give me better board than the Guitar.

Well, the USB3.0 OTG cable is used to change the USB3.0 devicd mode to host mode.
We use the device mode to install a OS and use the host mode to connect a hard disk.
And it is ture that the write/read speed is influenced by the USB3.0 OTG cable but it is not the main factors.
The S500 can olny reach the speed leave, and, why you gays compare the performance between LeMaker Guitar and a computer???

Tido  
Edited by Tido at Wed Nov 4, 2015 22:44
Support-Tab replied at Wed Nov 4, 2015 10:05
And it is true that the write/read speed is influenced by the USB3.0 OTG cable but it is not the main factor.
The S500 can only reach the speed leave, and, why you guys compare the performance between LeMaker Guitar and a computer?

I guess, you have to read the whole comment from TKaiser to understand what he meant. Quite long

• In order to know how fast your hard disc can go, you have to check the hard disc first on a fast computer
  • Always use the same products (HDD, cable) to measure - so that your results are reproducible.
  • Always use the same procedure, but make sure it is a smart procedure.
  • Identify possible influences, like bad cable, customized cable, a cable from USB-to-SATA - remove these.

So you see, TK is aware that Guitar is not a PC.

@ cxy: Why do you want to replace Banana Pi Pro?

@ bprpcb : did you read TK's review on armbian.com and understand, that he can test by himself if the cable works?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules