Lemuntu

will you update the Kernel to version 3.10.78 (LTS) ?

29 2206
Tido  
Edited by Tido at Mon Oct 26, 2015 16:22

Hi LeMaker Team,

In another posting you wrote to me about an update inNovember,
will this also include a Kernel update to version3.10.78 (LTS)?
Beside that, it would be interesting to know for us(community) if you still
work on the software /driver /u-boot for GUITAR or ifyou already focus on
other HW like Piano /HiKey.

A little roadmap for the updates of GUITAR would be appreciated.

Cheers
Tido

Edit: added Link to message from Greg K-H
hnsncxy  
Edited by hnsncxy at Mon Oct 26, 2015 07:24

Hi, Tdio
In another posting you wrote to me about an update inNovember, will this also include a Kernel update to version3.10.78 (LTS)? I am told there are many security fixes.

Thanks for your link
We mainly focus on improving stability and performance of the platform firmware for the Lemaker Guitar in the November,  you will view the more detailed information in next version. We have planned to update the kernel to version 3.10.78 in next stage.

Beside that, it would be interesting to know for us(community) if you still work on the software /driver /u-boot for GUITAR or ifyou already focus on
other HW like Piano /HiKey.

The Lemaker Guitar is our major product, and we will still to develop and maintain the software for the LeMaker Guitar. The different platform maintained by different group,  and the other group maintains the Hikey board with the linaro.

About the Piano,  will not go public soon.

Thanks for your support.

tkaiser  
Why staying at 3.10.78? In the meantime the kernel 3.10.x series is at 3.10.92. If you compare to Actions Semi's outdated kernel 3.10.37 tons of bugs have been fixed in the meantime: http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux ... log/?h=linux-3.10.y
And this is 3.10.37: http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux ... 3.10.y&ofs=2450 ("only" 18 months and 2450 fixes behind)

If Actions Semi would do active kernel development it wouldn't be a problem to update to 3.10.92 immediately. But they don't do this and unlike Allwinner where a large and productive community evolved over the years which led to mainline kernel support for many Allwinner SoCs there is simply nothing around Actions Semi (ok, now maybe a few LeMaker employees starting to understand the stuff Actions Semi patched in their outdated kernel version).

At the moment there doesn't happen anything that can be called 'kernel development'. These are just adjustments regarding thermal issues or device tree stuff: https://github.com/LeMaker/linux-actions/commits/s500-master

Tido  
Edited by Tido at Mon Nov 2, 2015 11:19
tkaiser replied at Sun Nov 1, 2015 14:09
In the meantime the kernel 3.10.x series is at 3.10.92.

@tkaiser - you even led me to 3.10.78 and it totally made sense to me, because:

Linux kernel 3.10.78, which is an LTS (Long Term Support) release supported with security patches for a couple of years compared to regular kernel branches, is here to fix issues in the ARM and ARC architectures, and to address a few problems in the EXT4 file system.
source

AND because ActionSemi already is at 3.10 I thought the changes will be much easier than to go to the latest and greatest.
Beside, this kind of HW doesn't need latest and greatest, but stability to build on.

Now light us up why you need 3.10.92 ?

Tido  
Edited by Tido at Nov 11, 2015 08:43

Meanwhile more than two weeks have passed and it is almost mid November.

• When can we expect a new release of Lemuntu with bugfixes (Kernel 3.10.37 (HDMI, Sys-Config and so on)) ?
  • Are you making progress with Kernel 3.10.78 - can you say something ?

• keep the community in the loop
  • release often, release early
  • so you can profit from feedback

Please give us some update

hnsncxy  
Edited by hnsncxy at Nov 10, 2015 19:55
Tido replied at Nov 10, 2015 15:00
Meanwhile more than two weeks have passed and it is almost mid November.

We will release the newer image(v1511) in this week, and the new display structure will be released in the December.
About the sys-config tool, Could you provide your problem to us ?
We will start to upgrade the kernel to 3.10.78 when the display structure is stable. may be Mid December.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Tido  
Edited by Tido at Nov 11, 2015 22:56
hnsncxy replied at Nov 11, 2015 02:51
About the sys-config tool, Could you provide your problem to us ?

Sure, I started a new thread for that, here.

Lemuntu with bugfixes (Kernel 3.10.37;
will this also contain throttling of the CPU and the spam in the log files, if no WLAN is attached, lm-sensors?
Integrate the Bluetooth and GPU driver?

apt-get install iw usbutils bluetooth bluez rfkill

See all USB devices:
root@Lemuntu:~# lsusb  (please try this)

hnsncxy  
Edited by hnsncxy at Nov 11, 2015 21:59
Tido replied at Nov 11, 2015 15:41
Sure, I started a new thread for that, here.

The Bugs of the throttling of the CPU and the spam in the log files had been fixed in newer version.
The Bluetooth and GPU driver had been integrated in the newer version, and it can work well.  You can refer the tutorial to use it.
For Bluetooth: http://wiki.lemaker.org/LeMaker_Guitar:Bluetooth
For GPU: http://wiki.lemaker.org/LeMaker_Guitar:GPU_hardware_acceleration

Sorry, The newer version is not pre-installed iw usbutils bluetooth bluez rfkill tools. and you can according to your needs to install it by using the apt-get tool.  We will consider to pre-install the tools in the December's version.

Thanks for your information.

Tido  
Edited by Tido at Nov 12, 2015 08:21
hnsncxy replied at Nov 12, 2015 04:41
Sorry, The newer version is not pre-installed iw usbutils bluetooth bluez rfkill tools ...

I know that I can install software - you should know that according to messages I have already exchanged with you.
Well, if you deliver USB & WLAN on the device, it should also contain their corresponding configuration software (iw usbutils).

Do you know that there is a bug if you call 'lsusb' ?

hnsncxy  
Tido replied at Nov 12, 2015 01:19
I know that I can install software - you should know that according to messages I have already exch ...

Sorry, I don't find the bug after installing the usbutils tool. as follows:
  1. root@Lemuntu:~# lsusb
  2. Bus 002 Device 002: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp.
  3. Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
  4. Bus 001 Device 002: ID 046d:c534 Logitech, Inc.
  5. Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Copy the Code
Could you provide your log to us ?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules