Trouble

"Cannot connect to X server"

18 11099
Edited by picaspeare at Sun Nov 1, 2015 03:07

Alright, I am getting closer to my end point and it is exciting but I have another problem. I am trying to make use of my display's touch feature, but I am "unable to connect to X server" . I have a 5" hdmi waveshare screen and a Banana Pro. I am using the BPro/Raspbian Image in I this guide. When I run "DISPLAY=0.0 xinput_calibrator" I am given an "unable to connect to X server" also when I simply run "xinput_caibrator" I am told "no calibrateable devices found"

alessia  
Have you tried to contact "WAVESHARE" after-sales or service? Maybe it's more helpful.

Yes. They ignored multiple emails that were to and from multiple addresses. Plus Banana devices haven't been given a section on their site, really. The one page I found had the most bonkers instructions I've ever read.

How are you running the commands,via ssh session or directly from the Pi?

If from the Pi,are you able to boot to a GUI desktop or a text console?

Did you try both Raspbian and Lubuntu images which they've provided?

What output does "echo $DISPLAY"  give?

What does the log at /var/log/Xorg.0.log say?

Finally I hope this command you've posted earlier is a typo with a missing ":" after the "="
"DISPLAY=0.0 xinput_calibrator"

sashijoseph replied at Nov 10, 2015 23:42
How are you running the commands,via ssh session or directly from the Pi?

If from the Pi,are you ab ...

I tried both images. I am now trying bananian.. and no, I don't remember typing a ":" in the command. I am running from the pi. GUI works. (side note about the ssh: is it possible to use your android cellphone as a wireless display for your Pro w/ a GUI?)

for the moment stick with the image provided by Waveshare and give the correct command a shot...

"DISPLAY=:0.0 xinput_calibrator"

sashijoseph replied at Nov 11, 2015 04:01
for the moment stick with the image provided by Waveshare and give the correct command a shot...

"D ...

gimme a minute

sashijoseph replied at Nov 11, 2015 04:01

"D ...

"No calibrateable devices found"

ok...

could you check the output of "dmesg | grep -i usb" to locate any references to the touchscreen being detected by the kernel?

sashijoseph replied at Nov 11, 2015 04:37
ok...

could you check the output of "dmesg | grep -i usb" to locate any references to the touchscre ...

having trouble logging into this forum from the BPro so I can't copy and paste (yet). What should I be looking for? I see something about my keyboard, my usb hub, some "sw" stuff..

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules