Lemuntu

improvements for the "sys-config tool"

3 909
Tido  
Hi Developers,

I don't have a Raspberry Pi, but I guess we could share some of their ideas in raspi-config.
And also a nice source is the bananian-config which is also a branch of raspi-config.

Password - change:
May be, I mistyped my PW, but it was not changed.
Can it return a message, if the process cannot be fulfilled?

HDMI resolution:
Automatically rebuild the system to 2-3 standard resolution i.e.:
  • 640x480P_60
  • 1280x720P_60
  • 1920x1080P_60
I don't know is it for USA with _60 - or does this work for Europe /Asia as well??

If so than also for Europe /Asia:
  • 640x480P_50
  • 1280x720P_50
  • 1920x1080P_50

Cheers,
Tido

hnsncxy  
Edited by hnsncxy at Nov 12, 2015 03:22

About Password - change:
The sys-config tool call the "passwd" command to change the user password on the Lemuntu system, If you type the passwd which you want to fix, and you can use the key "backspace" at the keyboard.
If you type new password did not match in both fields, the sys-tool will popup the following windows
passwd.png

HDMI resolution:
Sorry for this. We have tested the newer Lemuntu system(v1511) and don't support the function, we will release the newer image tomorrow. We can solve the HDMI resolution by using the newer display structure in December. If you need the bin of the uboot and DTB, and we can provide it to you, and you can refer the tutorial below to change the HDMI resolution.
http://wiki.lemaker.org/LeMaker_Guitar:Configure_HDMI_resolution

Thanks for your feedback.

Tido  
hnsncxy replied at Nov 12, 2015 10:07
About Password - change:
The sys-config tool call the "passwd" command to change the user password o ...

Hi,
I just flashed the lemuntu 1511
I went through all options of the sys-config and also asked for a password change.
It said it changed, but doesn't work - it stays lemaker

try this PW:  ef.1Wgi

let me know if you could successfully change it to: ef.1Wgi

hnsncxy  
Edited by hnsncxy at Nov 13, 2015 02:47
Tido replied at Nov 12, 2015 14:11
Hi,
I just flashed the lemuntu 1511
I went through all options of the sys-config and also asked fo ...

I try to set the password  with "ef.1Wgi" , and it is Ok.  Need to pay attention to case switch.
We will release the newer Lemuntu version v1511 Tonight and pre-installed the usbutils and bluetooth tools which you can directly use the bluetooth on the lemuntu system. Thanks

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules