Ubuntu

VSync with PowerVR

5 1379
I've been investigating the graphical performance of the Guitar for a potential product, but our product requires v-sync to work.

Using glmark2-es2 -b desktop, I can observe that vsync is disabled.

I have seen some information that the PowerVR can be configured to use vsync in /etc/powervr.ini by setting the WindowSystem parameter to libpvrPVR2D_FLIPWSEGL.so, but this appears to have no effect. Does anyone at LeMaker have any further information they could provide on how to get vsync working?

Thanks!
hnsncxy  
Using glmark2-es2 -b desktop, I can observe that vsync is disabled.
Sorry, How do you judge the  vsync is disabled when you are running the command "glmak2-es2 -b desktop" ?

There is tearing observable in the output. This is simply the easiest scene in which to see it.

hnsncxy  
molesmoke replied at Dec 01, 2015 11:22
There is tearing observable in the output. This is simply the easiest scene in which to see it.

Sorry, I had run the command which you provide, but i didn't find any error message. Therefore, I hope you can provide more information about the problem to us.

There are no error messages; The problem is the horizontal tearing in the graphical output. I'm not quite sure how better to phrase this issue - v-sync is a well known and described feature of graphics cards. You could perhaps look at this article for more information:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

I see horizontal tearing in the output similar to the image "A typical video tearing artifact (simulated image)" because v-sync is not working/disabled.

hnsncxy  
molesmoke replied at Dec 10, 2015 03:12
There are no error messages; The problem is the horizontal tearing in the graphical output. I'm not  ...

Thanks for your information, we are looking at this problem.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules