Other Projects

Banana Pro 7" LCD Tablet

4 1173

[size=14.6667px]Accidentally Stargate Atlantis Inspired case. I've offset the ports on the Banana to make the tablet thinner, which left about enough space for an SSD. The battery is standard 4000mah l-ion, and the SSD is also standard. This uses all off-the shelf bits. Buttons on the back hit reset and power.

[size=14.6667px]It gets between 3 and 4 hours of run time off a full charge.

[size=14.6667px]Ingredients:
Banana Pro
LeMaker 7" LVDS LCD with Touch
Silicon Power 2.5" 240GB SSD
3.7v 4000mah L-ion battery
Sata+power cable for Banana Pro
6" micro USB male-female extension
7x 16mm M3 allen screws
2x 10mm M3 allen screws
2x M3 nuts

[size=14.6667px]I only have three things left to add to it:

[size=14.6667px]Hard power switch, as the screen draws a small amount of power even when the Banana is powered off.

[size=14.6667px]Interior cover for SD access port.

[size=14.6667px]Exterior pop-off cover for SD access port (with retainer for a spare SD card)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
Nice! Could do we download the STL file to use 3D printer to make one?

Comments

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1188301  Post time Dec 11, 2015 07:20

The one major gotcha here is to solder the positive power lead for the SSD to the USB +5 contact. The SATA power connector doesn't deliver any juice on batter power. Other than that, the pictures pretty much tell the whole story. Power and reset buttons work well, though to change SD cards, I STRONGLY recommend using some kind of pincer, needlenose pliers or forcepts.

The link cyryllo posted is indeed it, though I have a version that's been slightly updated with vents for cooling the A20.

Two things I'm trying to figure out how to add without increasing size are: Serial port, bluetooth and external HDMI.

If you make one, I'd love to see pics of the thing.

-Dirk R

Great job! Very cool!

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules